Director, Product Management
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for product management activities for a
program or product group, or for a major market segment or vertical
market. Leads team of specialists and managers to achieve product
and team objectives and keeps leadership team informed of key
developments and issues. Provides leadership and direction for team
which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and
implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility
for developing and managing budget.Job DescriptionAbout UsComcast
brings together the best in media and technology. We drive
innovation to create the world s best entertainment and online
experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety
of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career
opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We
are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks
to our remarkable people. They bring cutting-edge products and
services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share
in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize
industries, and our goal to lead the future in media and
technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast. We
pursue people from all backgrounds and experiences. If this
position interests you, we are interested in you. Please apply.
About the roleComcast s primary vehicle for interaction with it s
broadband customers is through the Xfinity application. Behind this
application sits a multi-faceted cloud software platform, that
implements the many different functions available through the
Xfinity application such as Device Management, Personal WiFi, home
network security and parental controls, just to name a few. As
Comcast continues to grow it s subscriber base domestically as well
as it s international presence, we are looking for an experienced
Product Manager who can help evolve our software platform to meet
the needs of the future. This Director of Product Management will
work closely with engineering and other product management teams to
understand the business and operational needs the software platform
must meet, and to define a product strategy that maximizes the
impact of the development organization in fulfilling these needs.
- Craft a product strategy and roadmap that reflects and balances
market and technology needs
- Collaborate with product managers from partnering teams to
ensure feature and roadmap alignment
- Define product requirements in the form of user stories
- Work with program management and engineering teams to
prioritize features, groom the backlog and assist in sprint
planning to deliver high quality products on time
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of
- Contribute to overall product vision and aid in OKRs
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within
- Solicit constant feedback from internal and external users of
the platformEmployees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- 7+ years experience in product management, ideally with
responsibility for platform technology
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make informed
decisions using data and customer behavior.
- Customer-focused approach to product management.
- Proven efficiency in influencing teams without direct
- Track record of identifying new opportunities in a changing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Comcast is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free
workplace/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerThis position is
ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role,
you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not
require sponsorship for employment now or in the
future.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management,
monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager,
Keywords: Comcast, Sunnyvale , Director, Product Management, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!