Director of Product GTM
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Be part of a team that's united in spirit, but diverse in
thought and background NetApp OSSG product management group (ONTAP
Software & Storage group) is NetApp's core group responsible for
building, managing and launching NetApp's flagship products. The
OSSG product group is increasingly focused on operating as a
product thought leader, driving innovation across NetApp's hybrid
cloud strategy (Public, Private & On Prem). The OSSG team builds
the product foundation behind NetApp's flagship product ONTAP. We
have a unique opportunity to drive this transformational journey at
NetApp and execute on our CORE business strategy. The Director of
Product, GTM is responsible for developing and aligning GTM
strategies across the OSSG product portfolio to drive market share
in existing and new market segments. This role reports to the Vice
President of Product Management and works closely with Product
Strategy, Technical Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Product
Marketing and Finance. As an expert in GTM strategies, you will
work closely with engineering, technical marketing engineers, and
technical product management to build a cohesive strategy and see
through the execution. You will also work with sales and customers
to drive awareness and adoption of new solutions and garner
customers insights to drive future solution development. The
successful candidate has a passion for driving customer value,
solving business problems through technology and innovation and
thrives in an employee first, customer centric culture.
- Develop key GTM strategies to transition strategic plans and
annual operating plans to execution working with cross-functional
stakeholders to achieve product growth.
- Guide product and marketing leaders through new product
- Build executive presentations, crafting the messages of sales,
marketing and product leadership.
- Drive new product adoption focused on business outcomes rather
than product features.
- Manage a team of outbound product PMs & Technical marketing
engineers to design sales playbooks with key value proposition and
differentiation that NetApp products bring to our customers.
- Collaborate with solution engineering on identifying end-to-end
- Use data driven approaches to identify new opportunities and
- Provide data driven feedback loops to Product Strategy,
Technical (Inbound) Product Management on product, feature adoption
and strategies to course correct when necessary.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to define and develop
financial models, ROI models and target metrics. Capabilities
- Market & Product Knowledge: Deep understanding of enterprise
storage, virtualization, PaaS/IaaS, Application
Management/Deployment and core enabling technologies including ML /
automation, data & analytics, integrations.
- Customer Focus: Strong customer experience orientation with
laser focus on product adoption.
- Collaboration & Communication: Builds strong connections with
internal and external stakeholders to create and deploy portfolio,
product, solution and delivery strategies.
- Problem Solving: Thinks about problems from different
perspectives and leverages data driven analysis to drive roadmap
development and prioritization.
- Executive Presence: Inspires confidence with internal and
external stakeholders with clear communication and expertise
- Market Sizing: Understands market analysis, industry trends,
and the competitive landscape in the product space.
- Customer Value Creation: Work with analysts to articulate our
strategy and optimize our positioning in relation to our market
- Results Oriented: Works closely with the product team to help
prioritize our roadmap and ensure execution of the vision.
- Leadership: Inspiring/influencing indirect teams through
transformation. Futurelooking lens to guide strategic product
- 10+ years of product GTM and/or sales enablement experience in
high growth medium / large enterprise, startup, or management
- Strong analytical orientation, proven ability to build data
models and marshal quantitative analysis to drive strategic
- Self motivated, biased toward action, capable of defining
objectives and delivering workstreams from start to finish with
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Comfortable with all levels of management and leadership with
strong ability to communicate and present effectively to executive
- Personality that thrives in a fast moving, quickly changing
- Recent experience in operationalizing growth objectives and key
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Consulting, Management Consulting,
Cloud, Management, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Director of Product GTM, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!