Chief Information Security Officer
Company: Riverbed Technology
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Chief Information Security Officer in Sunnyvale, California -
Careers at Sunnyvale- Almanor Ave, CA Skip Branding
- FREE TRIALS Careers: Life at Riverbed My Favorite Riverbed
Perks Watch the video *Fraud Alert - be aware of scams involving
phony job offers and requests for payment of fees. Over the past
year, there have been instances of fraudulent job offers,
misrepresenting Riverbed in the market. People have been offered
fake jobs with Riverbed requiring a payment of paperwork and/or
processing fees. Riverbed--never--asks for a payment from job
applicants and does not utilize google chat or--gmail, yahoo.com,
etc. email addresses to engage job applicants. No offer of
employment letter is issued without job applicants receiving
in-person interviews with Riverbed staff. By making you aware of
this, we hope to avoid and ultimately prevent, unsuspecting
individuals from falling victim to this scam. Stay Updated With
Riverbed EMAIL Get Started
- How to Buy
- Trade In
- Trade Up
- Find a Reseller EXPLORE
- Trial Downloads
- Resources CONNECT WITH US
- Contact Us
- Partner Log-in
- Blogs NEWS AND EVENTS
- Press Releases
- NewsLetter ABOUT RIVERBED
- Riverbed Story
- Customer Stories
- Global Locations --2018 Riverbed Technology. All rights
- Legal Notices
- Dispute Policy
- English (US) Chief Information Security Officer in Sunnyvale,
California - Careers at Sunnyvale- Almanor Ave, CA Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Chief Information
Security Officer Job Locations US-CA-Sunnyvale Req No. 2021-6174
Category Information Technology Posting location Sunnyvale, CA
Company Overview --Riverbed enables--organizations
to--maximize--performance and visibility for networks and
applications, so they can overcome complexity and fully capitalize
on their digital and cloud investments. The Riverbed Network and
Application Performance Platform enables organizations to
visualize, optimize, remediate, and accelerate the performance of
any network for any application. The platform addresses
performance--and visibility--holistically with best-in-class WAN
optimization, network performance management (NPM), application
acceleration (including--Office 365, SaaS, client, and cloud
acceleration), and enterprise-grade SD-WAN. Riverbed's 30,000+
customers include 99% of the Fortune 100. About this Position
Position: Chief Information Security OfficerLocation: Sunnyvale,
CARiverbed Technology's IT organization is seeking an experienced
security leader to function as part of our IT management team and
provide security oversight for Riverbed's (i) IT and enterprise
services portfolio and (ii) commercial product and services
offerings.--The individual in this position will work across the IT
organization and with business partners as required to understand
internal and external application and infrastructure service
offerings Riverbed has deployed or is considering. The role will be
responsible for ensuring that appropriate controls, systems, and
policies are in place to prevent security breaches and standard
operating procedures are in place for audit, incident response and
compliance reporting.--This position will work with teams to
understand needs and recommend physical and technical information
security best practices to be incorporated into service design and
operations. Individual will be responsible to develop and publish
policies for IT teams to follow, promote security awareness across
the company as well as implement security procedures and
safeguards.This position will also work cross-functionally to
oversee the security posture of Riverbed and its subsidiaries'
products and services, ensuring security is embedded throughout the
product development lifecycle. This position reports to the
- Leads a strategic point of view for security solutions that can
be impacted by new technologies (Cloud, Mobility, Virtualization),
and business drivers (M&A, New Business Models).
- Provides system security planning, development, and
implementation of security policies across multiple platforms.
- Provides consultation and support in security management,
architecture standards and documentation, and chances/enhancements
to security configurations.
- Defines processes to manage network and application security as
well as prevent the proliferation of viruses and hacker
- Manages execution of vulnerability scans, penetration tests,
and audits to proactively identify areas of risk.
- Tracks and directs the mitigation of technical security
incidents across enterprise IT and manage them through to
- Keeps up to date on information security threats and
countermeasures and advise staff and development teams.
- Works with third-party testing groups to perform security
audits, validating threats and working with development team to
implement and test resulting recommendations.
- Works with the IT service delivery and support leaders to
draft, update, and implement policy.
- Directs and expands our enterprise-wide security controls and
- Responds to client security questionnaires and audits;
participate in the RFP and contracting processes.
- Creates and oversees the implementation of IT disaster recovery
- Facilitates the creation of business continuity plans for
business units and functions across the corporation.
- Works with IT Support and Operations management as a member of
the incident response team.
- Develops the security team and overall IT organization's
capabilities in line with organizational goals and industry best
- Creates and maintains the organization's security documents
(i.e., policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures)
to be approved by executive management.
- Audit's server event logs, firewall access logs, wireless
access logs and firewall rules to identify possible security or
- Oversees the monitoring and review of intrusion detection
systems and firewall logs, analyze events and patterns, review
access control lists, and manage network-based vulnerability scans
and penetration tests.
- Leads the performance of periodic information security risk
assessments and conduct related ongoing compliance monitoring
activities in coordination with the company's other compliance and
operational assessment functions.
- Leads the analysis of network traffic and system logs to
determine corrective action and implement countermeasures; evaluate
security incidents, develop solutions, and communicate results to
end users and technical staff.
- Coordinates product security with engineering and product
- Liaises with Riverbed's legal team and industrial security team
in taking the necessary steps to ensure that Riverbed complies with
U.S. export control laws and regulations and does not take action
deemed adverse to performance on classified contracts.
- Serves as Riverbed's" Technology Control Officer (TCO)". The
TCO is responsible for managing and implementing the Technology
Control Plan (TCP) and other written policies and procedures (ECP,
et al), per NISPOM regulations. The TCO acts the principal advisor
concerning the protection of controlled unclassified information
and other proprietary technology and data subject to regulatory or
contractual control by the US Government.
- Candidate MUST be a U.S. citizen.
- This position requires a Top Secret security clearance;
candidate must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Top Secret
- Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, policies and
practices - including ISO/IEC 27001.
- Experience obtaining third party security attestations.
- The ability to analyze, interpret business requirements/issues
and translate into appropriate security and risk solutions.
- Must have experience with Vendor Risk Management.
- Experience with Change Management in organizations maturing
their security posture.
- An appreciation of IT, business, and regulatory strategies in
relation to a global enterprise operating in countries all over the
- Experience evaluating security and technology risk issues
relating to new technologies and services.
- Experience in leading or participating in technology reviews
including due diligence assignments.
- Experience with compliance monitoring and operational
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy legal frameworks
as they relate to organizational systems, networks, and data as
well as enterprise products.
- Skilled in reviewing third party security and contractual
requirements related to information security and data
- 10+ years of experience in either risk management or
information security and/or IT positions.
- Certifications: One or more of the following certifications:
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP, HCISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, PCIP required.
- Thorough understanding of identity and access management,
including cross-domain federation and cloud service provider
- Experience creating technical documentation, including product
documentation, technology and process best practices, and technical
whitepapers. About Riverbed Riverbed offers a rewarding experience
of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing
the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are
proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation,
collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed
to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of
talent to better serve our customers.Learn more about
Riverbed:www.riverbed.com--@LifeAtRiverbed--Riverbed is proud to be
an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO)
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.*LI-MK1#executive--#director
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can
recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family
member:\ Application FAQs
Keywords: Riverbed Technology, Sunnyvale , Chief Information Security Officer, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!