Senior Manager, Sustainability & Social Responsibility Strat
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Senior Manager, Sustainability & Social Responsibility Strategy
Sunnyvale, California, United States Corporate 211056 At Intuitive,
we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care.
Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is
our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique. As
a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding
our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the
world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help
solve some of healthcare's complex challenges.-- We believe a great
idea can come from anywhere-inclusion and mutual respect are vital
to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong
capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse
experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our
team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue
to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest
potential. Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a
global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together,--let's--help to advance the world of minimally invasive
care.-- Primary Function of Position: Intuitive's corporate
sustainability and social responsibility (CSSR) team develops and
drives company activities across multiple sustainability pillars:
social responsibility (environmental, social, governance),
innovation, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and
financial strength. The Senior Manager, Sustainability and Social
Responsibility Strategy, Process & Data is responsible for
contributing to all facets of the team's mission to protect and
promote the company around issues of risk management and
sustainability and social responsibility in collaboration with
global business owners and partners. The primary focus of the role
is to develop, facilitate, and assist teams in developing and
executing strategic, successful sustainability programs in key CSSR
areas including environmental, innovation, product, and other
operational aspects. The role will assist in developing and
maintaining tools and dashboards for monitoring and reporting data
on key corporate sustainability performance progress and
indicators. The role will also help to supply data to inform
responses to external SSR inquiries and audiences, and in support
of the annual sustainability report. The position will help drive
consistent sustainability process tools/metrics, while also
educating teams and supporting sustainable practice development
across the business. Roles and Responsibilities: This position will
support the activities and strategy of the CSSR team including but
not limited to:
- Facilitate, research and help apply external best practices
from a CSSR process, practice and benchmarking perspective
internally. Assure consistency across business units in
understanding and applying these processes, practices and
- Collaborate across teams to develop, manage, and maintain
sustainability related practices, processes/process improvements,
metrics of success, and data analytics/presentation
- Develop strong, internal relationships across the company and
with business units including (but not limited to) product
operations, manufacturing, logistics, legal, regulatory,
compliance, investor relations, facilities/construction and
technical management teams to ensure alignment of internal
practices with external stakeholder interests and best
- Align with global business strategies and ensure consistency of
our CSSR efforts, while tailoring activities, as appropriate, for
various global location-specific needs/requirements.
- Provide details, data and support materials required to help
communicate the company's sustainability work and achievements
- Develop relationships with key external sustainability
organizations, and proactively identify new resources, best
practices and potential laws or regulations that may impact our
sustainability efforts. Leverage these to improve internal
sustainability practices when applicable and aligned with our SSR
- Manage day-to-day relationships with external agencies and
consultants supporting technical aspects of our sustainability
- Draft and document sustainability work processes where
applicable to remain consistent in our practices, monitoring, data
and metrics across organizations.
- Attend sustainability, innovation and environmental SSR
conferences to research global sustainability issues and best
practices, and engage with external third parties in support of
sustainability reporting and activities.
- Support the Intuitive Foundation on sustainability related
efforts as applicable.
- Manage sustainability library data sets Skill/Job Requirements:
Data Analytics and Presentation of Data/Technical content
- Superior technical, process and data analytics and engineering
skills including, but not limited to, creating data analytics
dashboards using common tools (i.e. Tableau); creating
presentations with appropriate technical content and sustainability
messages; and ability to provide technical advice and counsel on
sustainability related topics, data, and metrics of success.
- Able to write and edit materials related to healthcare,
environmental, operational, product and technology topics
associated with sustainability.
- Able to synthesize large quantities of data to derive the
"vital few" value drivers and present compelling content for
multiple global audiences. Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience working in/with a healthcare company is desirable:
medical device, hospital, biotech; or a similarly regulated
- Work with business and healthcare specific audiences, to
execute sustainability/environmental strategy within a complex
- Competency in data analytics, sustainability/risk management
and project management and assessment.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment.
- Understanding of key industry issues related to innovative
medical technologies, robotic-assisted surgery, sustainability and
global regulatory considerations, preferred. General:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in data, product, operations or
related technical field, leading programs and project teams across
various aspects of technical operations in a regulated
- Experience educating colleagues about best practices, systems
and process improvements impacting technical, environmental,
engineering, and operational disciplines.
- Exceptional judgement and effective project management,
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
working across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively across global teams and cultural
- Effective leadership and people management abilities.
- Experience providing strategic counsel and influencing
- Creative problem solver operates well with ambiguity.
- Willing to contribute to projects that fall outside of core
responsibilities, as needed.
- Able to execute effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner with broad capability to work across multiple
functions, disciplines, and organizations.
- Self-starter able to independently manage day-to-day
- Organized, effective multi-tasking and exhibit commitment to
- Minimum requirement: A degree from an accredited university or
college in a technical discipline, advanced degree a plus.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and
employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type,
without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran
or disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws. We will
consider for--employment qualified--applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.-- Get
tailored job recommendations based on your interests. Location
London, Greater London, United Kingdom Category Customer Support &
Training Job Id 210584 Location Sunnyvale, California, United
States Category Manufacturing & Operations Job Id 210413 Join our
Talent Community Not ready to apply, but still want to stay
informed about Intuitive and upcoming career opportunities? Sign
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Senior Manager, Sustainability & Social Responsibility Strat, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!