Director of Applications Engineering - 188090157
Company: Quanergy Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Department: Sales, GlobalRegion: World WideRole: Director of
Applications EngineeringCOMPANY DESCRIPTION:Quanergy is Inc. is a
privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the
development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for
real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking,
identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the
LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with
more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.JOB
DESCRIPTION:Quanergy Systems, Inc. is seeking an individual to lead
our Applications Engineering organization world wide with a focus
on providing our customers a trouble-free system setup (both
hardware & Software), troubleshooting and configuration experience.
The Director of Applications at Quanergy will be oversee our
pre-and post-sale consulting and support service for our advanced
laser-based sensors, systems and software for customers, colleagues
and partners on a world-wide scale. The successful candidate will
work collaboratively with customers and internal teams to gather
requirements, execute on technical solutions and manage multiple
initiatives. We are looking for someone with deep skills in both
hardware and software engineering who will provide our customers
with a positive experience while working efficiently with internal
teams. Must be willing to travel globally and spend time as needed
with customers and partners.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the vision and long-range planning of the Applications
Engineering teams to support the strategies and action plans of
- Formulates, drives and delivers strategies for LiDAR systems
solutions in alignment with Quanergy strategic goals.
- Develop and empower Applications Engineering organization and
team strategies that support the direction and goals of the
business. Lead the effort to validate, centralize, and provide
uniform access to product technical and applications information by
all requisite channels.
- Monitor business activities and competitors' actions, while
implementing segment Go- to-Market strategies to gain share and
expand Quanergy's brand presence in target applications.
- Participates and leads pre sales support for product & system
solutions ensuring Quanergy is positioned to maximize market
opportunity with minimal risk and maximum margin potential.
- Oversee the applications engineering team that provides field
sales support on product inquiries through technical/application
clarifications, application engineering expertise and support to
- Ensure pre-and post-sale product consulting, technical support,
and service to key customers - on-site, via phone, web-meeting, and
- In collaboration with Marketing, develops full understanding of
customer requirements. Communicates to the team product knowledge
opportunities to ensure effective two-way communication around
market development and product channel performance.
- Develops, implements, monitors and communicates the processes,
strategies and standards to Applications Engineering teams to
ensure they are globally integrated.
- Plans, organizes, staffs and build teams to meet the business
objectives. Develops employees through implementation of their
personal development plans, goal setting and timely performance
- Develops metrics to ensure the proper training and appropriate
certifications of personnel are being accomplished.
- Takes a lead role in managing and participating in critical
customer problem resolution, including internal corrective actions
for all functions within Quanergy. #external
- Must have demonstrated team building experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage culturally diverse teams and to
build a multi-national team.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support customers and
stay abreast of industry developments.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- C++, XML, and Bash programming and TCP/IP networking.
- 5 + years of embedded Linux system and advanced Linux
- 5 + years Application Engineering Management and customer
- HW/SW troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills.DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with optical products, 3D sensing software, and
- Experience with programming 3D sensing, image processing, and
- Experience with automotive electronics and customers.
- Proficiency with change management systems such as Jira and
documentation systems such as Confluence.EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or
equivalent technical experience.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Excellent oral, written, listening skills - must be able to
clearly and concisely communicate with customers and
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must work effectively as a
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - must be
able to manage several projects efficiently.
- Proven results applying consultative and high-value selling
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to relate to customer
issues, and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of
customer specific requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamically growing
company, meet schedules, and maintain a high level of output.
- Keen eye for details and resolves to drive quality
- Technical, system level, solution selling aptitude
Keywords: Quanergy Systems, Inc., Sunnyvale , Director of Applications Engineering - 188090157, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!