Posted on: November 23, 2020
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can
upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing
applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources
necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry s
leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and
scalable in both data center and cloud environments. Job
As the Director of Sales for the NetApp West Region, you will
utilize strong management and sales competencies to set objectives
and develop strategies for subordinate level managers. This
challenging and high-visibility position provides leadership and
management oversight to Sales Managers and District Managers. You
develop long-term strategies and short-term plans to meet
aggressive revenue goals. You must be extremely results driven,
customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building
internal relationships and external partnerships.
* Provide management oversight to Sales Management within the
Region to drive all pertinent issues related to sales strategy and
* Participate in strategic planning sessions with the sales
management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
* Communicate Corporate strategy to employees within your
* Plan and direct activities including planning and implementing
forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development,
customer satisfaction, and collateral material development and
* Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with
* Review requests for additional resources to support sales
strategy and new programs.
* Develop budgets for approval and assure adherence once budget is
* Identify and qualify important Enterprise sales opportunities at
the management level.
* Review management plans with District Managers on a regular
* Act as coach, mentor and educator to Sales Representatives within
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure departmental
goals are met.
* Assume responsibility for result, including costs, methods and
staffing. Job Requirements
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, including
* Strong relationship building and negotiating skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across
functions including Marketing,
* Sales Operations, System Engineering, Customer Support and
* Strong understanding of storage technologies and competitive
offerings in the marketplace.
* Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or
consultative sales techniques.
* An aptitude for understanding how technology products and
solutions solve business problems.
* Experience as a Sales Representative with a track record of
exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
* Demonstrated experience working with Sales organizations and
* Prior experience with developing budgets and controlling
* A demonstrated ability to manage professional level
* High level relationship with enterprise customers in private and
public sector at CXO level
* This level of manager successfully manages subordinate level
managers. Management direction includes checking work against
* This individual participates with other senior managers in
establishing strategic plans and objectives.
* The scope of responsibility for this person includes making final
decisions on administrative or operational matters ensuring
achievement of company-wide objectives and ensuring that budgets
and schedules meet requirements.
* Has responsibility for overall control of planning, staffing,
budgeting, managing expenses and recommending implementing changes
* This individual owns a major segment of work within the Region
with full responsibility for directing and controlling activities
* May participate in building a budget plan, and is accountable for
managing to assigned budget plan.
* Sets revenue targets and ensures targets are met.
* This individual must effectively work with, and influence
executive level employees within and outside of their function,
and/or major customers.
* The interactions of this individual require strong people skills,
such as negotiating with customers or management, or attempting to
influence senior level leaders regarding matters on an
* Acts in a leadership role within the function and across
* Receives Senior Management review of objectives to determine
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
or equivalent experience is required. A Master of Science Degree in
Engineering, or an MBA is preferred.
* 7+ years of experience as a people manager is required.
* Experience in building a business and owning/driving revenue is
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what s important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Director, Sales, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!