Product Marketing Manager - Ancestry
Posted on: January 18, 2020
23andMe is looking for an incredible Product Marketing Manager to
join our growing gene pool! The ideal candidate is passionate about
the convergence of ancestry, genealogy, technology and consumer
empowerment. You care about the consumer experience and the latest
products and services (family trees, ancestry composition,
relative-matching). You have a strong process and methodology to
identify what makes a product great. The ideal candidate has a
deep, and obsessive, understanding of consumers and what makes them
tick. You have successfully integrated a variety of marketing tools
for product roadmaps, product development, product positioning and
product launches. These key areas include: consumer research,
media, creative, market analysis, and lifetime value to name a few.
You are strategic, connect the dots, yet, you enjoy working in a
scrappy startup culture where everyone will roll up their sleeves
to get a job done. You are a team player and can collaborate
closely and effectively with other cross-department key
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access,
understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of
passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to
help turn genetic insight into better health and personal
What you'll do
- Lead, develop and launch marketing plans for products and
services with: Consumer Insights, Marketing, Engineering, Product,
Finance and Customer Care teams
- Identify and understand our key customer segments for products,
and partner closely with Consumer Insights to figure out what
- Partner closely with Ancestry Brand Manager and Product Science
leaders to ensure alignment and cohesive product positioning,
strategy and future vision based on customer needs.
- Follow trends in genealogy to keep track of what is in the
market and influence pricing/value to consumers.
- Represent existing customer perspectives and insights to: our
senior executives, our product team, our marketers, key
stakeholders and the company at large.
- Help teams anticipate consumer needs and make critical customer
decisions. Which features should we include in the next version of
the product? How important is mobile in the consumer
- Lead new, strategic initiatives that are centered on consumers.
We can't tell you what they are, but they are the most important
things we are working on.
- Focus on our competitors, their offerings, and how they serve
customers in the same segment. Can we learn anything from
- Develop templates for product marketing campaigns based on the
size of feature releases or updates - do we just update the blog
and make a social post or do we go all out with a TV
- Establish strong relationships with Product, Product Science,
Engineering and other cross-functional groups to enable better
collaboration and communication across groups.
- Develop communications documents that serve as source of truth
for marketing and product teams.
- Forecast how well new initiatives will do under various
scenarios. Think of new projects and products as businesses that
you will run.
- Conduct genius-level tests to understand what will work (and
- Be ground zero for new product launches. How do we tell the
world about them? Can we put marketing dollars behind them? What
will the PR people say?
What you'll bring
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience in marketing, brand management, product
marketing or related.
- Deep curiosity about consumers.
- Interest and passion for genetics and ancestry.
- Strong understanding of relevant technologies: similar products
and services, the internet and computers, mobile.
- Team player. You can lead a matrixed team from consideration
all the way through execution.
- Multidisciplinary. You can build a model, jury-rig a
screenshot, PPT your point of view, write well.
- Fast study. You learn quickly, and can roll up your
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research
company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and
benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT
Technology Review to its "50 Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and
named one of Fast Company's "25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017".
23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with -85 percent of
customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located
in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide
equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All
qualified applicants for employment will be considered without
regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender
expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or
any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you
are unable to submit your application because of incompatible
assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at
email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate
qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank
Keywords: 23andMe, Sunnyvale , Product Marketing Manager - Ancestry, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!