Sr. Commodity Manager
Company: Riverbed Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Log back in!
SR. COMMODITY MANAGER
Job Locations US-NC-Durham - US-CA-Sunnyvale
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud
Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed The Digital
Performance Company provides a modern IT architecture for the
digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility
and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business
performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and
experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to
push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue
and 30,000+ customers including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of
the Forbes Global 100.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Title: Sr. Commodity Manager
Location: Durham, NC or Sunnyvale, CA.
Riverbed is seeking a Senior Commodity Manager. This position
reports to the Senior Director of Supply Chain and is responsible
for the overall selection, strategic direction and oversight of
Riverbed s direct material suppliers for specific commodities.
The Senior Commodity Manager will have ownership for a portfolio of
commodities, such as hard disk drives, SSD s, and NICs. He/She will
manage all commercial negotiations with suppliers within these core
areas. Additionally, the Senior Commodity Manager will have
ownership for management and commercial negotiations with Supplier
The Senior Commodity Manager will lead cross-functional Commodity
teams to develop the supply chain strategies for each commodity and
will be responsible or execution of these strategies, including
effective assessment and evaluation of potential new suppliers,
supplier selection, contract and cost negotiations as well as
ongoing supplier management. As part of the ongoing supplier
management, the Senior Commodity Manager will coordinate with
Product Management, Engineering and Operations stakeholders to
consolidate supplier performance data and facilitate Quarterly
Business Reviews with suppliers at which report card and other
performance data will be shared. Our manufacturing is 100%
outsourced. The Strategic Sourcing team will be responsible for all
strategic and commercial considerations related to the Contract
Riverbed is a high quality manufacturer of network and storage
appliances Riverbed is consistently rated by its employees as a top
rated employer and has a history of attracting and retaining top
talent. We are looking for an excellent candidate for this highly
visible position compensation for this role will be
* Develop commodity strategies for assigned commodities
(competitive landscape, SWOT, pricing trends, technology roadmap,
supplier risk analysis, cost analysis, etc.)
* Drive quarterly cost savings (8-10% annually)
* Lead the quarterly costing process
* Responsible for cost rolls, PPV management, and pricing
* Conduct Quarterly or Bi-Annual Business Reviews with key
* Establish KPIs and quarterly supplier scorecards
* Perform all commercial supplier negotiations, including
competitive price reviews, creating or updating contracts (MSA s,
MOUs), tracking and managing back-end rebate programs.
* Provide forecasts to all assigned commodity suppliers
* Design and implement inventory/material flexibility and lead-time
reduction programs with key commodity suppliers to prevent supply
* Monitor Supplier PCN s and lead EOL strategies, working with
Engineering to qualify alternates.
* Establish and foster positive executive relationships with key
* Maintain deep understanding of supplier product roadmaps and
* Research and publish quarterly detailed key commodity and/or
supplier market intelligence reports.
* BS or BA degree from a reputable institution
* MBA or equivalent is a plus
* 7+ Years of involvement in Commodity Management, Strategic
Sourcing, Supply Chain or equivalent role
* 5+ Years of contract negotiation experience and sound
understanding of corporate contracts
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional business acumen
* Advanced-Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivots, simple
Macros) and very comfortable working with large amounts of data
* Exceptional relationship management skills and with ease able to
navigate up/down the supplier s hierarchy.
* Prior experience in managing commodities within the server space
is a plus (HDD s, SSD s, NIC).
* Prior experience in Supplier Management of Platform and Component
* Strong technical knowledge in networking and storage products is
* Proven successful track record of working in high-tech and fast
* A self-starter who can operate autonomously while knowing when to
ask for help or guidance.
* Knowledge managing suppliers in a 100% outsourced model.
* Ability to effectively influence/lead change
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best
minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting
edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture
that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse
work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing,
and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action
(EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability
(including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual
orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran
status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
Keywords: Riverbed Technology, Sunnyvale , Sr. Commodity Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!