Director, Total Rewards
Posted on: January 16, 2020
23andMe is looking for an extraordinary Director, Total Rewards to
own and lead all aspects of compensation and benefits programs at
The Director, Total Rewards will build and drive the overall total
rewards philosophy and strategy for a fast growing, mission-based,
life-changing company. This person will ensure that our
compensation and benefits offerings are rewarding, competitive, and
in-line with company goals. Supported by our People team, you will
partner with business leaders to enhance our ability to attract,
engage and retain talent to our growing gene pool!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access,
understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of
passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to
help turn genetic insight into better health and personal
What you'll do
- Work with the VP, People and Company leadership to create and
develop a competitive, holistic compensation and benefits
philosophy for all 23andMe employees.
- Champion a progressive culture that inspires wellness in all
aspects of our employees' lives.
- Partner strategically with key stakeholders on a range of
compensation initiatives and ensure the planning, design, oversight
and governance of our plans meet strategic objectives.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise on industry best practices and
lead effective, competitive and fair total rewards programs
ensuring market consistency, compliance and
- Lead strategic design of innovative cash, incentive and equity
- Work closely with leadership, key business stakeholders and the
People team to manage, consult, and resolve compensation and
- Review, edit and enhance compensation programs including
planning, forecasting and modeling on an annual basis.
- Influence the program direction through data; develop effective
analytics and metrics to measure business impact and
- Lead and inspire the team to leverage their expertise, provide
stellar customer service and create change across the business.
What you'll bring
- 15+ years of experience in Compensation & Benefits in dynamic
- 5 years experience effectively leading a team of compensation &
- Creative, progressive thought leadership and ability to
influence at all levels in an organization.
- Experience working in the tech, biotech, or pharmaceutical
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
remote meeting tools and learning new software applications;
Experience with Workday, ADP a plus.
- Motivated and driven to deliver results with speed and
- Knowledge of human resources policies and practices, state and
federal employment laws.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred field of study: Business
Administration, Human Resources, Management or related
- Experience designing and leading Total Rewards programs for a
private company a plus!
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research
company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and
benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT
Technology Review to its "50 Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and
named one of Fast Company's "25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017".
23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with -80 percent
of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is
located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide
equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All
qualified applicants for employment will be considered without
regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender
expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or
any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you
are unable to submit your application because of incompatible
assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate
qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank
Keywords: 23andMe, Sunnyvale , Director, Total Rewards, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!