Network Engineer (Telecom)
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Mitel is a global market leader in business communications,
powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud,
enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is
the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on
helping customers take their communications from where they are
today to where they expect them to be.
Mitel is hiring a Network Engineer in our Sunnyvale, CA office who
will use a variety of technical skills to organize resources around
the execution of business objectives within the global Mitel
- Responsible for day to day operations of the LAN, WAN, and MPLS
infrastructure to meet the required SLA's for both the global
enterprise and customer facing operations.
- Will concurrently manage one or more projects.
- Will be effective through defining, planning, coordinating,
monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Perform problem isolation and resolution of network problems
through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions.
- Evaluate, test, install and implement new and existing hardware
and software across physical the network, protocol stacks,
switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and
network management components.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments
and physical locations required.
- Works in partnership with the business stakeholders and the IT
Team when defining business needs and change requests.
- Shares knowledge and best practices with other IT staff.
- The incumbent should be a hands-on type with attention for
- 3-6 years' experience as a Network Engineer
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with the following:
TCP/IP, Cisco, Extreme, HP Switches\Routers, VLAN configuration,
Firewalls (Checkpoint and Palo Alto), VPN, ACL, BGP, QoS, OSPF,
EIGRP, F5, Riverbed etc.
- Strong communication (verbal/written), negotiation, and
- Demonstrate ability to interface effectively with all levels of
- Proficiency in MS suite of applications like Office, MS Project
and MS PowerPoint are required
- Experience working with a global team is desired
- Travel requirement: 15%
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex
(including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious
belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military service, political
affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state,
federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions,
including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems,
promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training,
career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any
employee or applicant for employment upon request.#LI-TH1
Keywords: MITEL, Sunnyvale , Network Engineer (Telecom), Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!