Staff Data Engineer
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Overview The SBSEG QuickData Platform Engineering team is enabling
data-driven decisions at the highest levels of the company, and we
are using big data to personalize user experiences in our products.
The infrastructure is running on AWS and looking for Staff/Senior
Engineer to join our QuickData Platform Team. We are looking for a
strong Engineer with a passion for automation, ready for an
opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale, which are
unique to Intuit, while using your expertise in AWS, platform
automation, data monitoring, incident management for a big data and
large-scale systems. We are looking for someone who can design,
code and maintain high performance and support data infrastructure.
- Build and maintain optimal ingestion framework and pipeline to
ingest data from transactional data sources on RDBMS/NoSQL to data
lake on Redshift/S3
- With the mindset of open source contribution , Re-design data
movement framework to automate incoming data from third party
marketing sources ( Google , Facebook , Bing etc. ) to data lake on
- Optimize and standardize existing pipelines using Big Data
Technologies (EMR, Spark etc.)
- Create data tools and frameworks for analytics and data
scientist for faster Time-to-insights and thereby increase the
- Identify opportunities for automation and platform enhancement
- design and build solutions for greater scalability.
- Respond to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and
- Perform benchmarking & performance of AWS infrastructure via
- Contributions to Operational Standards and Requirements
- Develop run books for problem diagnosis, resolution and
- Automate various RTB jobs using scripts/tools to speed
- Be an onshore POC for 24/7 maintenance and support team for AWS
- Manage tickets raised by business team Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science. MS Preferred.
- Experience managing Big Data infrastructure on AWS.
- Exposure in managing different flavors of RDBMS/RDS ( Oracle ,
Aurora , SQL Server ) and NoSQL databases
- Apt with automating repetitive tasks using Spark, Python
- Experience designing and deploying systems on AWS
- Enjoy a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Good communication skills and a passion for clean code
- Experience with AWS products including EC2, S3, RDS,
ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Kinesis, Lambda, DMS etc.
- Exposure to Big Data on AWS ( Data Pipeline, Kinesis , Firehose
, Hive , Glue, S3, EMR/EC2 , Spark) Responsibilities:
- Extensive Experience in automation, capacity planning &
benchmarking/performance testing in AWS
- Implement and adhere to continuous integration practices
- Operational mindset with ability to do Problem, SLA and
- Troubleshoot issues and participate in 24x7 on-call support,
ensuring the stability of the production environment.
- Strong critical thinking ability to assess complex problems,
analyze options, navigate diverse perspectives and develop
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Keywords: Intuit, Sunnyvale , Staff Data Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!