Functional Safety Engineer Job
Company: Peterbilt Motors Company
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is
recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial,
and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands
such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global
technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support
of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the
Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and
manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized
financial services, information technology and truck parts related
to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR SILICON VALLEY INNOVATION CENTER
The PACCAR Innovation Center in Silicon Valley is coordinating
next-generation research and identifying emerging technologies that
will benefit future vehicle performance. Technology areas of focus
include advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), artificial
intelligence, additive manufacturing, machine learning, and
augmented reality. The Innovation Center is also accelerating
partnerships in the development of electric and hydrogen fuel cell
powertrains, as well as the deployment of big data analytics.
The PACCAR Silicon Valley Innovation Center is looking for an
ambitious and self-directed Functional Safety Engineer. If you have
a proven track record of excellence, we are looking for you!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Specify safety requirements and safety concepts for system,
hardware and software architecture
* Lead design team in technical safety system analysis including;
FSC, SOTIF, HAZOP, DFMEA
* Work as part of the project team in the design of effective
technical safety solutions for the system hardware and software
* Collaborate with local and remote teams across PACCAR divisions
in the implementation and testing of all technical safety
* Lead the creation and implementation of all vehicle operation
best practices, driver training, and testing documentation
* Conduct technical reviews with product teams to ensure functional
safety requirements are being met
* 8+ years of experience
* Lead Proof of Concept Projects in Vehicle Manufacturing.
Skills / Competencies
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Automation or other relevant
* 2+ years of Functional Safety/ISO26262/ASPICE experience in the
automotive or trucking industry.
* 8+ years of experience in Engineering
* Experience in automotive electronics / systems / software design
* Experienced in Development process projects and exposure to
program management tools and processes
* Experience with Application Lifecycle Management and System
Modeling tools such as IBM DNG, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational
Team Concert preferred.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Safety Engineer, Safety, Manufacturing Engineer,
Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Service
Keywords: Peterbilt Motors Company, Sunnyvale , Functional Safety Engineer Job, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!