Drive Systems Engineering Technician
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top people
in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate
with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy
of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational
structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be
expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate.
These jobs are not for everyone.
You must have a genuine passion for working on the best electric
vehicles in the world. You must want to work in a fast-paced,
entrepreneurial company. We are building real products. This must
excite you. You must be a builder. You'll work alongside
accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting
automotive programs in existence today.
Engineering Technicians within the Drive Systems Engineering
Prototype team work side by side with engineers to support the
development of high speed rotating machines. Projects are open
ended and often with limited up front guidance. Must be a
self-starter and able to figure out how to do things.
- Assemble and debug prototype drive unit assemblies.
- Make and modify parts as necessary to support test rigs and
- Test prototypes. Assess and document test results
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude. Ability to take things apart
and getting them back together without instructions
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and
reporting skills including Microsoft office and computer software
- Metal working and other general fabrication skills including:
Knowledge of hand and power tools, pneumatic equipment included
Machine shop items: Band saws, grinders, mill and lathe operation a
- Knowledge of electrical hazards. Including precautionary
measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery.
- Ability to use basic electrical tools: Digital Multi-meter,
Meg-Ohm tester Thermal couple Meters.
- Basic wiring knowledge, ability to connect sensors, power
supplies, and Data Acquisition to test platforms.
- Interest in electric motors and gear trains.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are
eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both
have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when
enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and
other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital
indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$24.00 - $65.00/hour + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors,
including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience. The total compensation package for this position may
also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if
an employee receives an offer of employment.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Sunnyvale , Drive Systems Engineering Technician, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!