Sr. Supplier Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job DescriptionPrimary Function of Position:In this role, you
will move surgery forward by putting the highest quality and most
innovative products in the hands of our customers to enable better
surgical outcomes for patients. The ideal candidate will apply
their broad and deep hands-on experience in manufacturing to
produce da Vinci surgical systems in the Multiport Business Unit.
This role is responsible for on-going sustaining and improvement
efforts for all active Systems products with a focus on mechanical
components and assemblies. The assemblies under the responsibility
of this role include parts that are machined, cast, molded, welded,
formed, sintered, etc. You will select and develop our suppliers
and manufacturing processes to produce high quality and reliable
parts.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with suppliers, design, manufacturing, and project
teams to implement performance, quality, capacity, and cost
improvements. Mange project plans and timelines. Communicate to
stakeholders on status.
- Develop suppliers to excel in all KPIs including Supplier Owned
Quality, Capacity, and Sub-tier Management.
- Empower suppliers to own completion of part qualification
deliverables (such as PPQP, PPAP): pFMEA, Special Process
Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DfX, and cost
- Seek out new suppliers in support of product needs. Assess
suppliers for capability to fit Intuitive's quality and business
- Ensure compliance to quality management system and regulatory
requirements. Lead and support supplier audits.
- Solve complex problems using structured problem-solving
- Apply improvements for supplier process issues by using true
root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive
- Execute on supply chain optimizations to meet cost reduction
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Sr. Supplier Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!