Energy & Sustainability Engineer
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Energy Engineer is responsible for supporting energy and
sustainability projects, measurement and verification, and programs
for an assigned account in accordance with management agreements,
client requirements and Cushman & Wakefield standards. In this
capacity, the Energy Engineer will work to ensure that the client
has the best information and recommendations with which to make
energy management and sustainability decisions. This position will
work closely with the operations team including, facilities
managers, building engineers, building operating engineers, and
vendors to ensure a seamless delivery of these
- Experience assessing energy, water systems and sustainability
- Ability to analyze trend data and develop reports with
recommendations, discrepancies, and description of system
- Experience with data logging and analysis of large data
- Identify conservation areas where consultation is needed (via
analysis of trends, temporary logged data, monthly utility
- Research and identify opportunities for reducing energy usage,
related conservation programs, and their related costs, for all
properties as assigned, in support of clients overall business
- Familiar with new building commissioning & existing building
- Experience with energy savings and financial calculations and
performing advanced measurement and verification (M&V)
analytics via Excel
- Analyze projects in relation to total life cost and available
incentive programs and prepare proposals for presentation to our
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all mechanical and control
systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing systems, renewable
energy and related systems.
- Become familiar with the various tools for measuring client's
carbon footprint and develop means for recording it on a quarterly
basis, working to reduce it in conjunction with energy and related
- Represent client on the Cushman & Wakefield Energy and
Sustainability Committee, interacting with Cushman & Wakefield
managers and senior management to share ideas and further develop
- Become familiar with the layout of the facilities, location of
storage rooms, shops, mechanical rooms and equipment, major
conference rooms, labs, and the various building systems utilizing
energy and resources: mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life
safety, emergency generators, UPS systems, domestic water,
- Demonstrate ability to work positively with customers, fellow
employees, outside contractors and vendors alike.
- Attend critical operations conference calls in addition to
energy committee meetings.
- Report any abnormal conditions or needed repairs immediately to
Facilities Managers and Chief Engineers.
- Be familiar with Cushman & Wakefield's and client's policies
and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Attend classes annually related to position to improve
knowledge and skills.
- Experience with Data Studio, Tableau, Trace 700, ALC is a
- BS in engineering, or related field.
- Two to five years experience in high-rise office building
operations, energy management, and sustainability programs.
- Experience with alternative power sources, energy conservation
retrofits, and carbon offsets.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing, with senior managerial and executive level personnel.
- Proficient in Excel (advanced level - macros, pivots, etc)
- Understanding of the construction and/or building operations
industryCushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
This position requires that the employee perform services for a
customer at a customer facility. The customer mandates that all
service providers entering its facility be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. In light of the customer's requirement, C&W will
require each individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior
to commencing employment in this position, except to the extent
that applicable law requires a reasonable accommodation for the
individual (and to the extent that such accommodation does not
impose an undue hardship on C&W).
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Sunnyvale , Energy & Sustainability Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!