Posted on: August 6, 2022
Back-End Software Engineer
Hybrid (2 days / week in Sunnyvale, CA HQ required)
What We Are About:
Our Engineering team has established a culture based on thought
leadership, independence, and responsibility. This powerful dynamic
drives us forward as we work to make the digital world a safer
Those who join us represent the leader in Zero Trust Segmentation
and work on a technology stack that ranges from operating systems
to distributed applications to UI and visualization. Together, we
will continue to build world-class products-driven by people with
different perspectives, backgrounds, and a commitment to innovation
in a time when the world faces its greatest cybersecurity threats
What You Will Accomplish:
- We are responsible for the whole product experience, from
development, to quality, to user experience, to successful
operations, no job is too small.
- We understand our customers and care about making them
- We take security and the trust our customers give us as a top
- We understand and focus on the immediate practical
- We take risks and experiment, but we know how to clean up any
mess we make, and ideally catch it early,
- We know things will never be perfect and we embrace that.
- We move fast.
- You will be developing containerized (micro) services for a
distributed multi-tenant system that process data and real time
events and network telemetry from multiple public clouds to provide
real time insights, visibility, and security recommendations to
customers so they can identify and minimize risk in the cloud.
- You will have the opportunity to design critical features and
subsystems, work out all of the details, defend the design before
your peers, and deliver a rock-solid implementation.
- You will also mentor junior engineers, new-grads, and interns
to help them grow as engineers and become productive members of the
- You will primarily write code in Go, we also have some
components in Ruby. We use PostgreSQL and Redis in the data layer.
We leverage Kubernetes, Ansible and terraform for infrastructure
automation. We welcome people with backgrounds in other languages
and technology stacks along with a desire to learn.
- Own critical features and subsystems and own the entire
software development lifecycle, from clarifying requirements to
ensuring their successful deployment and usage by customers.
- Own operational aspects of the system, being on the front lines
and experience first-hand the challenges of operating such a
system, will make you understand how to write better more
supportable software, like no other experience.
- Own code quality, as we do early developer testing and
functional/integration testing to ensure we build robust and
- Partner with Product Management to review, refine and set
product goals and objectives that exceed our customers'
- Develop deep understanding of the fundamental problems our
customers need solved through interaction with stakeholders and
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent degree. Master's
degree a plus.
- 8+ years building distributed & scalable software and
- Passion for software development, willing to constantly learn,
keeping up with technological trends, and working in a team
- AWS / Azure / GCP cloud experience:
- Extensively used one of these platforms at the API/programming
- Experience with networking and security controls is a
- Our platform is K8s based so experience delivering onto a
containerized platform is desired
- Language requirements
- Experience in Go and SQL
- REST API client experience
- Ruby, Redis are nice to have
- CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible are nice to have
- General TCP/IP networking knowledge.
- Unix/Linux programming environment experience.
Who We Are
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust segmentation,
prevents breaches from becoming cyber disasters. Illumio protects
critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven
segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security
model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see
risk, isolate attacks, and secure data across cloud-native apps,
hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the
world's leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency
and reduce risk.
Keywords: Illumio, Sunnyvale , Backend Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!