Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints. As a pioneer
and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster
an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference.
For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care
teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest
challenges and advance what is possible. Intuitive has been built
by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe
great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an
inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual
respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do
their best work as their most authentic selves. Passionate people
who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members
are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the
energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world
experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our
team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue
to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential. Join a
team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community
of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's
advance the world of minimally invasive care.Job DescriptionPrimary
Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing and equipment design skills
to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments and
accessories for minimally invasive robotic surgery. Individuals in
this role must demonstrate strong mechanical design capabilities
and be able to deliver consistent improvements for production
accessories. Individuals in this role will provide daily support
for manufacturing operations, mechanical design improvements for
existing accessories. The role requires active participation in new
product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical
components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test
methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy,
reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical
instruments and accessories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve pilot "mid to high volume"
manufacturing assembly lines, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work
flow processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve
fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Analyze instrument/accessories manufacturing line from a risk
perspective (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of
manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard
qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).
- Provide production support through successful and sustained
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with
respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product
reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input
to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical
device quality system including corrective action closure,
discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure
analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field
- Minimum BS / MS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as design or manufacturing
engineer supporting product with significant mechanical /
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with
technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory,
inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product
- Prior experience designing automated equipment, complex
mechanism manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with high volume automated assembly and plastic
forming and joining processes (injection molding, transfer molding,
and ultrasonic welding) a plus.
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works
well with others in team environment.
- New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics
knowledge a plus.
- CAD experience (preferred Solidworks).
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device
manufacturing environment a plus
- Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali
plantAdditional InformationDue to the nature of our business and
the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may
require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain
diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.Intuitive is
an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal
employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees,
and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without
regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran
or disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.We will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.Shift :
DayTravel : 10% of the timeTravel Requirements:10% of the time
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!