Robotics Engineering Technician: Ion Operations (Weekend)
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we
strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making
a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals
and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's
hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from
diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of
thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our
team members to do their best work as their most authentic
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture.
Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity
to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real
world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest
in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can
continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global
community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,
let's advance the world of minimally invasive care. Job Description
Primary Function of Position: The primary objective of an
Engineering Technician is to provide troubleshooting, testing,
repairs, and MRB evaluation services to Ion systems manufacturing
line meeting Quality and productivity goals within manufacturing.
This person will play a significant role in the areas of Failure
Analysis, First Pass Yield and MRB review. Roles and
- Follow Production escalation process and provide engineering
evaluation of any interruptions to production line.
- Perform quick triage of the issue and recommend best course of
action to keep production moving. Perform simple reworks on the
spot (cable crimping, solder components, tap threads, clean optics,
adjust alignments etc.).
- Document all activities during escalation support in formal
- Review parts in MRB. Analyze failures in detail. Make decisions
on dispositions. Document all findings in formal records.
- Diagnose failures on Systems Mfg line (System level failures,
Sub-assembly failures, Test fixture failures).
- Perform failure analysis to component level and investigate
root cause. Recommend corrective / preventive actions.
- Execute engineering level tests and collect data to support
design of experiment activities or characterize a device.
- Support production with electronics/PCA programming and
functional testing in the early phase of new product launches to
shake out bugs, suggest improvements.
- Redline process instructions and drawings.
- Follow all corporate, safety, SOP, DOP procedures and
- Maintain calibration of all equipment.
- Perform other engineering technician duties as needed.
Qualifications Skill/Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in component level
troubleshooting on PCAs, as well as on integrated electromechanical
- Ability to perform troubleshooting with minimal
- Effectively use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment
like oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, custom test
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab
drawings, mechanical component drawings.
- Document findings of investigation in quality notifications
which are part of official Device History Records.
- Electronic and Mechanical assembly skills (Examples: soldering,
crimping, box build, fiber handling, optical component handling,
cable routing, and use of RTV/epoxy).
- Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet
applications for documentation and data presentation.
- Ability to read, modify, an execute test scripts for
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to variety of technologies
that allow effective troubleshooting. Examples: Digital and Analog
Electronics components, optical components, servo components,
machined parts, sheet metal parts, cable assemblies.
- Good communication skills to be able to partner effectively
with production techs, supervisors, training department as well as
- Sense of urgency and Multi-tasking is essential to be able to
support production line effectively. Education/Experience:
- AS degree, trade school, military technical training or
- A minimum of five years of troubleshooting experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional
Information Due to the nature of our business and the role, please
note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you
show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases
including COVID-19. Details can vary by role. Intuitive is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard
to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws. We will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws. Shift : Day
Travel : None Travel Requirements:None Shift:Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Robotics Engineering Technician: Ion Operations (Weekend), Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!