Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints. As a pioneer
and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster
an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference.
For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care
teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest
challenges and advance what is possible.Intuitive has been built by
the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe
great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive
culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect.We
lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best
work as theirmost authentic selves. Passionate people who want to
make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded
in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get
things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and achieve their highest potential.Join a team committed
to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together,let's advance the world
of minimally invasive care.Job DescriptionWhat this role is
about:We need a strong Mechanical Engineer with high motivation and
energy, to engage with design teams in an analytical/critical
manner.You will be responsible for supporting NPI products, with a
focus on mechanical design of the Vision-Side Cart (VSC) as they
merge into manufacturing. This position is highly collaborative,
and strong communication/presentation skills will provide you with
high visibility amongst the engineering, production and management
teams.You should have working experience and theoretical knowledge
in many of the following areas: -
- Precision Machined parts / GD&T / Tolerance stack up
- Manufacturing processes, including machining, casting and
- Experience with multi-part assembly, fitment and alignment, and
- Friction, Stress - Strain analysis
- Software tools (ie. Matlab, etc.)
- Basic engineering principles and analysis techniquesWhat you
- Take ownership of various Vision Cart mfg processes and overall
analysis of design
- Creation and maintenance of efficient "mid-volume"
manufacturing line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, assembly and
test processes and detailed work instructions.
- Lead technical discussions/meetings to communicate technical
project/issue status to other engineers, production teams and
- Provide training and support to production and engineering
- Qualify/document/implement/support production and RMA-line test
equipment, at both ISI factory and vendor facilities. Propose
equipment design changes as appropriate.
- Perform regular analysis of factory data and use it to
anticipate and solve manufacturing/quality problems.
- Deliver improvements in yield, reliability, serviceability,
manufacturability, testability, capacity and cost.
- Interface with cross-functional engineering teams including
mechanical, software and clinical disciplines.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, contract manufacturers and
internal personnel for component and process/outsourcing
initiatives. Travel to vendor sites as required.
- Hands-on troubleshooting of non-conforming product, including
multi-level failure analysis for discrepant parts and assemblies.
Drive to root cause and follow-up corrective action.
- Ensure compliance with medical device quality system including
corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and
- Leads and participates in initiatives focused on yield
improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and
outsourcing of assemblies.
- Performs other duties as required.QualificationsWhat skills and
experience you will need:Competency Requirements: (based on:
education, training, skills and experience)Required (must-have):
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or other
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or design-related role -
- - - - - - - - Ability to read and interpret mechanical part and
- Knowledge and execution of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Necessary
to engage with technicians, production management, product
development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer
support and clinical marketing organizations.
- Proficient with computers and software applications (Excel,
Powerpoint, Word, etc.) - - - - - - - - - Basic knowledge of
process controls, including Six-Sigma, CPk, etc. - - - - - - - - -
"Self-starter" attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment,
where you can to influence product design to improve reliability,
robustness and performance. - - - - - - - - - Troubleshooting mind
set - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a
system or process into subparts to identify failures and
troubleshoot to component level. - - - - - - - - - Excellent
documentation skills and high standards for instructional
clarity/accuracy. - - - - - - - - - High energy and genuine
excitement to learn and get to the bottom of problems.Preferred
- MS degree in an engineering discipline listed above.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment. -
- - - - - - - - Prior experience with Documentation and production
control systems: Agile, SAP, MES
- Prior experience in understanding/reading -test code: Matlab,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments, solve
problems and implement them in manufacturing - - - - - - - - -
Expert knowledge (black-belt) of process controls, including
Six-Sigma, CPk, etc.
- Prior experience evaluating/managing supplier part
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean
Manufacturing techniques.Additional InformationAll your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Due to the
nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive
and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of
vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. - Details
can vary by role.Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws.We will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with
fair chance laws. Shift : Day Travel : 10% of the timeTravel
Requirements:10% of the time Shift:Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!