Optical Metrology Engineering Tech Lead
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Optical Metrology and Performance Team (OMAP) is looking for
an Optical Metrology Engineering Tech Lead to evaluate the optical
properties in the system level which affect visual perception and
comfort. This work involves understanding the performance
requirements for the optical system from end-use case and then
creating specifications for the optical performance of the
subcomponents and systems. Will also include proposing methods of
doing optical measurements that are designed to quantify visual
figures of merits.
Optical Metrology Engineering Tech Lead Responsibilities:
* Work with Applied Perception Science, Product Optical Engineering
and Systems Engineering teams to understand what matters in the
product from a performance point of view.
* Take input and convert into parameters that can be objectively
measured using off the shelf or custom instruments at the
component, sub-system and the full system level.
* Drive simulation, modeling work streams to set specifications and
allowable errors limits on the measured parameters so that the
overall performance is good from the end use point of view.
* Define custom optical metrology instruments and methods and
define the roadmaps. Work with cross-functional teams and or
outsource partners to build the instruments.
* Create and own optical characterization and validation plans.
* Present conclusive results and assess visual/optical performance
given design goals and product requirements.
* Provide actionable recommendations and relevant failure analysis
to debug or root-cause issues.
* Create/drive contents to run on prototypes to support visual
evaluation or user studies.
* BS or MS in Optical Engineering, Vision Science, Physics,
* 10+ years of experience in optical technologies.
* Experience with hands-on characterization of optical test
systems, performing testing and validation of optical components
* Understanding of optical metrology fundamentals, system
requirement definition, especially with regards to lens optics and
* Hands-on troubleshooting skills with optical systems failure
* 5+ years experience with data and image analysis. High
proficiency with analysis tools such as Python, MATLAB, C, Minitab
* Communication and presentation skills.
* Hands-on industrial experience with AR/VR products.
* Experience in one or more optical design tools such as Zemax,
Code V, LightTools, FRED, or ASAP.
* Experience in computer vision metrics and techniques.
* Knowledge of vision science and perceptual psychology.
* Experience with typical image processing algorithms and SW/HW
implementation through the entire pipeline.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Sunnyvale , Optical Metrology Engineering Tech Lead, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!