Thermomechanical Packaging Engineer
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Reality Labs (RL) brings together world-class experts to develop
and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware,
software, and content. We build seemingly impossible products that
define new categories that advance Meta's mission of connecting the
world. This team has the responsibility for making breakthroughs
and delivering them to market at scale. The Applied Materials team
at Reality Labs seeks a Thermomechanical Packaging Engineer with
the ability to work on groundbreaking thermal solutions for AR and
Thermomechanical Packaging Engineer Responsibilities:
- Understand thermal management systems in Reality Labs' product
roadmap and identify risks and opportunities.
- Develop and qualify advanced thermal management solution-sets
using novel technologies, either in-house or in collaboration with
- Determine performance KPIs - outline test plan and execution to
hit design targets.
- Build test rigs to help qualify above solution-sets from
CAD/concept to final set up.
- Characterize thermal, mechanical, and electrical properties of
advanced thermal technologies for cooling consumer
- Work with cross-functional partners, providing guidance,
recommendations and next steps and manage work streams across
- Identify process windows and seamlessly transition technology
from development to high volume production.
- Present regular updates on learnings and results to
internal/external teams and bring to teams to consensus.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or other
- 5+ years of experience with thermal characterization of
hardware in electronic packaging space.
- Experience in a lab environment - proficient with hands-on lab
work and logistics.
- Solid thermal background - experience with all modes of heat
- Knowledge of heatsinks, graphites, TIMS, fan/blowers, and
advanced thermal solutions.
- Experience in thermal design of PCB and PCBA constituents.
- Knowledge of thermography and in-situ thermal
- Familiar with metrology tools used for thermal and mechanical
- Experience using an analytical approach and driving projects to
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or
other relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of experience with thermal characterization of
hardware packaging, heat sinks and cooling solutions.
- Good knowledge of CAD, fixture design, machine shop
capabilities, and manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with thermal software tools (Icepak,
- Knowledge of JMP and MINITAB.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Thermomechanical Packaging Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!