Optical Design Engineer
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 10, 2022
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), our goal is to explore, innovate
and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next
generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We
are looking for a skilled and motivated Optical Designer Engineer
to join our Display and Optics team. You will work with a diverse
and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers on
the end-to-end product development cycle including concept, design,
development, and integration of those optical components or
systems. You will also work cross functionally to develop
specifications and test methods, perform performance evaluation and
work closely with manufacturing partners for prototyping and mass
production. Optical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Own architecture and design of viewing optics for Meta VR
- Optimize for product excellence (e.g. optical performance,
compactness, reliability, and cost etc.).
- Innovate on next generation viewing optics architectures with
complex optical subsystem interdependencies.
- Perform comprehensive performance analysis to inform optical
- Work with hardware industry partners to identify, define, and
develop state-of-the-art optical technologies in product
Exploration/NTI/NPI stages. Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or a related
technical discipline with 5+ years of experience in Optical
- Experience in Optical lens fabrication, Plastic optical
material, Complex optical system simulation and molding.
- Experience with geometrical optics and sequential and
non-sequential ray tracing.
- Experience in scientific programming software, such as MATLAB
- Proficiency in one of the following simulation software
packages, such as Zemax, CodeV or LightTools.
- Proficiency in optical DFM/DFA (design for
manufacturing/assembly), tolerance analysis, and statistical
performance analysis. Preferred Qualifications:
- MS or PhD in Optical Engineering, Physics, or a related
technical discipline with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with rigorous computational methods in wave optics,
including RCWA and FDTD.
- Familiarity with optical metrology and characterization of
optical components and systems.
- Experience in Ophthalmic optics and Imaging camera lens
- Experience in Stray light molding and analysis.
- Experience in Human vision system. Facebook is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Facebook App, Sunnyvale , Optical Design Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!