Manufacturing Engineer - Advanced Process Technologies
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Company Description At Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints. As a pioneer
and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster
an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference.
For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care
teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest
challenges and advance what is possible. Intuitive has been built
by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe
great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive
culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect.We
lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best
work as theirmost authentic selves. Passionate people who want to
make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded
in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get
things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and achieve their highest potential. Join a team committed
to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together,let's advance the world
of minimally invasive care. Job Description Primary Function of
Contribute your technical manufacturing, design, and project
management skills to a dynamic development team creating high
volume automation assembly lines for precision instruments and
accessories. This position will focus on developing and executing
manufacturing validation processes to achieve product safety,
reliability, and KPI goals for the accessories product line.
Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong process
development and capability analysis skills. Individuals in this
role will provide daily support for manufacturing operations,
mechanical design improvements for existing accessories, and
provide manufacturing engineering support for new product
introductions. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Validate, maintain, and improve high volume automation
manufacturing assembly lines including:
- Document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures,
hand tools and manufacturing equipment.
- Workplace and process flow development.
- Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test
checkpoints into process.
- Develop and validate robust assembly and manufacturing
- Develop, maintain, and execute IQ/OQ/PQ and PPQ documentation
on high volume automation assembly lines.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects to
improve first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product
reliability, and cost reduction.
- Take responsibility for developing and maintaining compliance
with the quality system.
- Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and
Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality
among hardware and standard part selections across
- Create and maintain controlled documents such as: BOMs,
workflow processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work
- Analyze manufacturing lines from a risk perspective (PFMEA) to
incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
Qualifications Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- BSME required, MSME preferred (similar engineering fields will
- Experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
experience with Mid/high volume surgical products preferred.
- Medical device manufacturing experience a plus
- New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics
knowledge a plus.
- Experience with high volume automated assembly and plastic
forming and joining processes (injection molding, transfer molding,
and ultrasonic welding) a plus.
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works
well with others in team environment.
- Able to make continuous, incremental improvements to existing
- Experienced in ISO9001/13485, or medical device manufacturing
- CAD experience preferred (SolidWorks).
- Able to travel periodically (Mexico facility, suppliers) and
occasional weekend shift support. Additional Information All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that
Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current
proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19.
Details can vary by role. Intuitive is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to
all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination
and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws. We will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with
fair chance laws. Shift : Day Travel : 25% of the time Travel
Requirements:25% of the time Shift:Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Manufacturing Engineer - Advanced Process Technologies, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!