Adhesive Materials Engineer
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Facebook Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to
develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of
hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship
products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products
that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of
connecting the world. This team has the responsibility for taking
breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook
Reality Labs seeks a Materials Engineer with the ability to bring
new materials to consumer products at scale. We are looking for a
slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of
failure to accomplish bold things.
Adhesive Materials Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support product development engineers in the development of new
technologies and remove material barriers from the path to
- Define and execute testing and evaluation of materials to
determine performance and drive material selection.
- Define and investigate novel materials to enable technology to
be integrated in consumer devices.
- Support high volume production of products taking ownership of
the material selection challenges.
- Work closely with the simulation, reliability, and other
cross-functional teams to provide data.
- BS in material science, chemistry, mechanical engineering or
- Experience with high tech and industry leading consumer
- Experience thriving in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced
- Knowledge in pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) or liquid
- Proven curiosity for science and technology.
- MS or Ph.D. in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- 3+ years experience building, testing, and evaluating hardware
& software system.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Adhesive Materials Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!