QA Engineering Lead, Platform
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Niantic's QA Engineering team is seeking a QA Engineering Lead
to lead Niantic's AR platform. Niantic Engineering leads the
advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive
technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the
billions. Responsibilities include executing end-to-end test plans,
ensuring that all objectives are met and the solution works as
expected. You will be responsible for working closely with other QA
team members, our QA manager, and our production team to deliver
high-quality experiences to our customers. The ideal candidate has
the ability to collaborate with engineers, program managers, and
product managers in order to help build fun games and platform at
scale. You should have strong decision-making skills, great
execution, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, bug
analytics/metrics, and mitigation plans.
- Manage testing and integration across Niantic's technologies
- Collaborate with our TPMs to work with external QA resources
and with the development team to track defects during feature
- Drive the development and execution of test specs, test cases,
and suites for new features.
- Identify, craft, and build automated tests.
- Work with the QA leadership team on QA process improvements.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or another technical major
and a minimum of 5 years of software QA experience as a Lead.
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java or C#.
- Hands-on experience in test automation.
- Experience leading, building, and crafting test strategies for
mobile apps and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part
of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with AR gameplay.
- One or more years of mobile testing/QA experience.
- Passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming. Join the Niantic
team! Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company,
sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our
products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful
social interaction. Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became
an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors
including Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners.
Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close. We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group
who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving!
We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale,
Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , QA Engineering Lead, Platform, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!