Optical Engineer, Module Optics Lead
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Come join a rapidly growing team as a lead optical engineer to
make a significant impact on the future of AR/VR display
technologies. As part of the Display and Optics organization at
Reality Labs, you will be responsible for overall optical design
and product development of core optical modules for future
products, and will have the opportunity to be part of a team
composed of some of the best engineers, scientists and leaders
defining the field of AR/VR. There will be strong emphasis on
coming up with new design concepts and module architectures,
overall optical design of complex optical modules, working with
vendors and internal partners to lead product development, and
ensuring successful integration with the rest of the system to
guarantee customer-facing performance.
- Conceptualize, design and develop new optical modules for
future Near-Eye Displays (NEDs), such as illumination modules,
projectors, cameras and optical sensors.
- Build predictive optical models, validate designs and models
with measured data to close the loop.
- Determine hardware specifications to assess overall performance
of novel optical architectures, through rigorous tolerance
analysis, assessing manufacturing capabilities and understanding
- Research and development of emerging concepts in display,
illumination and imaging optics technology domains to influence
- Support module build and system integration activities at
- Support design validation, lab characterization and failure
analysis of optical modules and systems.
- 5+ years of experience in developing optical modules or systems
in highly multidisciplinary environments, including setting
specifications, determining test methods, and overall module and
- 3+ years of experience working with external vendors to deliver
custom optical components, modules, or systems, where challenging
optical requirements drive innovative fabrication process
development, and new opto-mechanical integration and metrology
- Experience with one or more of the following optics domains:
imaging optics, lens design, illumination, radiometry and
photometry, geometric or physical optics, projector design.
- Experience working with optical design software such as Zemax,
CodeV or LightTools.
- Experience using scripting languages and data analysis tools
such MATLAB, Python or JMP.
- MS or PhD degree in the field of Optical Engineering, Physics,
Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Experience with multiple full life cycle product launches.
- Familiarity with display technologies such as OLEDs, LCDs, and
- Process development and failure analysis experience for optical
components and modules such as cameras, sensors, or
illumination/projector systems. Facebook's mission is to give
people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started. Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Optical Engineer, Module Optics Lead, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!