Depth Sensing Characterization Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Camera & Sensors Team at Facebook Research Lab is driving
the research and development of state-of-the-art camera's and
depth/input sensing technologies enabling Augmented, Virtual and
Mixed Reality products through relentless innovation. We are
currently seeking an innovative engineer to work across multiple 3D
sensing technologies. As a Depth Sensing Characterization Engineer
in this group, you will advance Facebook's mission of connecting
the world by developing state-of-the-art novel characterization
platforms - HW & SW for enabling AR/VR experiences and solving
complex data analysis problems for advanced prototypes and user
experiences across all Facebook HW platforms.
- Design and implement 3D computer vision algorithms to evaluate,
characterize, and validate various sensing technologies.
- Develop characterization software to establish a standard set
of data analysis tools for generating reports.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with computer vision, software,
hardware and test engineering teams to explore, evaluate and mature
new sensing technologies.
- Engage in developing characterization and metrology
capabilities for a broad range of parameters across multiple
sensors for lab and high volume manufacturing.
- Test, capture and analyze sensor data in the lab and recommend
- Integrate sensor data into data analysis software pipeline and
perform statistical and other analysis.
- Work with unfamiliar hardware at the BSP or SDK level to
evaluate performance of various systems.
- B.S. in Computer, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics, or a
related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience working directly with hardware systems
such as depth sensors, camera's, imaging devices and displays.
- 3+ years of Python and MATLAB programming experience.
- Hands-on laboratory or factory experience with electrical
hardware bring-up, measurement and debug.
- Experience in one or more source control systems like Git or
- Communication skills and demonstrated experience working across
disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
- M.S. or PhD degree.
- Experience developing and deploying ATE system.
- Experience in depth sensors and/or laser systems.
- Demonstrate deep problem solving and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience working in a dynamic cross-functional team.
- Good programming skills in C/C++ highly preferred.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Depth Sensing Characterization Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!