ADAS/AD Algorithm Engineer (Camera, Radar, Lidar)
Company: U Power
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Algorithm Engineer (Camera, Radar, Lidar) is responsible for
development of state-of-the-art low-level camera, radar, and
lidar-based real-time image/signal processing and computer vision
algorithms for Automated Driving and Driver Assistance Systems
applications from concept phase to production.
The position can be in Sunnyvale, CA. United States.
- Design, implement, test, and debug algorithms for core and/or
application-specific software requirements for automotive embedded
- Implement robust, testable, abstract & modular algorithm
- Support the rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects
related to algorithms.
- Perform work assignments as a highly competent software
engineer, requiring independent design, implementation, and testing
of the software algorithms.
- Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through
advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency
and mastery of the field.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business
objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all
- Follow best software practices from functional safety & team
- Bridge the gaps between hardware and software, provide advice
to the HW team to bring the best HW/SW abstraction and
- Commit and deliver high-quality software deliverables on time
for the different vehicle programs.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering /
Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master's
or PhD preferred).
- 4-8 years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility /
Activities (listed above) in automotive or similar environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills, Self-motivated, comfortable
operating without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of embedded software development in C/C++ and Python
for high-performance micro-controllers, e.g. PPC, Arm-Core, DSP and
- Proficiency in the use of debugging tools like debuggers, logic
analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with model-based algorithm development using
Matlab/Simulink (or equivalent) tools with fixed point, auto coding
using RTW (or equivalent) for image and signal processing
- Background with object detection/tracking, sensor fusion and
- Background working on autonomous driving or robotics with
multiple sensors (camera, lidar, radar, ultrasonic, etc).
- Experience with deep neural network training and optimization
in leading frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow).
- A thorough understanding of object-oriented software
- Focused on testability, quality, scalability, portability, and
easily maintainable software platforms.
- Understanding of embedded Real Time OS on microcontrollers and
- Experience with embedded Linux development and drivers.
- Ability to remain focused while understanding the effects of
change to multiple systems.
- Create and document design to aid validation and
- Ability to successfully and effectively work within a global
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with product development engineering practices in
the automotive field.
- Experience with AUTOSAR, HW MCALs, ISO-26262.
- Background in mathematics, signal, image, and/or video
- Experience with computer vision algorithms using OpenCV and/or
OpenGL and C/C++.
- Knowledge of automotive networks.
- Knowledge about security in embedded systems.by Jobble
Keywords: U Power, Sunnyvale , ADAS/AD Algorithm Engineer (Camera, Radar, Lidar), Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!