Sr. Supplier Engineer - SP Accessories
Posted on: January 11, 2022
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that
minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity
and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians
to heal without constraints.As a pioneer and market leader in
robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and
diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25
years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the
world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and
advance what is possible.Intuitive has been built by the efforts of
great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can
come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built
around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with
inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as
their most authentic selves.Passionate people who want to make a
difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in
integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get
things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and achieve their highest potential.Join a team committed
to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world
of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Responsible for ensuring suppliers meet ISI requirements for cost,
quality, delivery and service. Drive suppliers to continuously
improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select
suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products
and provide DFM input to new designs. Monitor supplier
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
- Select and evaluate suppliers by leading efforts to find new
suppliers in an existing or new commodity.
- Conduct on-site supplier assessments as well as QMS audits and
address the non-conformities.
- Work with suppliers and ISI engineering for the new product
- Complete part production qualification process ( PPQP), which
includes but not limited to delivering on the following
deliverables: spFMEA, Special Process Validations, Process
capability, MSA, capacity analysis ,and FAIR .
- Develop supplier ramp readiness based on forecast, supplier
capacity, quality performance, and process capability.
- Perform DFM by engaging suppliers early in development cycle to
feedback manufacturability improvements in the designs prior to
- Lead and resolve the supply continuity/ quality issues at
suppliers through in depth root cause and corrective actions
utilizing SCARs, SCRs (Supplier Change requests) processes.
- Monitor supplier performance and initiate improvement
- Drive suppliers to continually improve their business and
manufacturing process performance to meet Intuitive Surgical's
requirements for supplier excellence including ship to stock
programs using a collection of best practices in project
management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation by leading these
efforts without managerial guidance at several suppliers
- Develop and use metrics for supplier part cost, delivery,
quality, capacity and capability by creating metrics to measure
real improvement and judge required intervention or change at the
supplier or in a commodity.
- Driving change to ISI specifications as necessary by
understanding and changing specifications and drawings including
driving the ECO process to implementation.
- Prepare and deliver supplier communications as required by
independently working with suppliers on scorecard creation of QBRs,
Supplier Summits, etc.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for cost reduction
and/or quality improvement by judging opportunities and creating
strategies to seize those opportunities, completes research and
provides data-driven plans to management.
Skill/Job Requirements:In order to adequately perform the
responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, Masters degree
- Minimum 8 or more years of related experience in Supplier
Quality and/or Supplier Development or related field
- Excellent knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485
(experience in auditing suppliers to these standards): Certified
Lead auditor preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with Sensor Design / Mechatronics / Robotics /
automated equipment is a plus
- Practical knowledge of pfmeas and process validations
- Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and
communicate technical information
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
presentations to executive level management
- A proven history of implementing Lean/6 Sigma/SPC Programs at
- Practical knowledge of part production qualification
- Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel,
Access and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
- CAD experience with 3D modeling tools is a plus
- Proven ability to motivate suppliers
- Experience in a high-volume medical device company is a
- Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis - domestic
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that
Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current
proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19.
Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and
employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type,
without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran
or disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.Shift :
Shift 1 - DayTravel : Yes, 25 % of the TimeTravel Requirements:Yes,
25 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Sr. Supplier Engineer - SP Accessories, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!