Staff Manufacturing Engineer
Company: University Of Pittsburgh Swanson School Of Enginee
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting-- stryker.com Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for
researching and developing new medical device products. As an
engineer at Stryker,--you will be proud of the work that you will
be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare
better.--Here,--you will work in a supportive culture
with--other--incredibly talented and intelligent--people, creating
industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have
growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your
personal and professional development. Staff Engineer -
Manufacturing (23 month contract) Summary: The successful candidate
will be joining a fast-paced engineering team working across
multiple Stryker Divisions. They should be a Subject Matter Expert
across a number of Engineering competencies including Lean six
sigma, manufacturing and automation. The Staff Engineer will
provide technical leadership in the Stryker facility across our one
or more of our core manufacturing competencies of CNC machining,
coating technology and clean and pack. They will possess and apply
a broad knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and
procedures of a particular field of specialization and deliver
complex cost saving and continuous improvement projects. This
individual will offer mentorship within the team and will be a key
contributor to key strategies within the engineering team. Talents
we are looking for:
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends
for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting,
reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to
identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend
comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced
environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is
complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and
information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new
ideas into reality.You will be responsible for:
- Management of significant Engineering projects through
- Provide Technical leadership within the engineering team.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing
- Proven Structured problem solving methodologies.
- Demononstrated ability to identify continuously improvement
opportunities across a number of processes.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on
technology development and application within the manufacturing
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within
- Support process development and cost reduction activities
within the business units.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or
Technicians as required.Qualifications/Knowledge/Skills
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of
business critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years' experience in a manufacturing
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal
and external agents.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an
aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a
process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple
tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and
implement technological and automation advances
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical
leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.If you are
interested in this exciting opportunity to join Stryker's
Engineering team please get in touch.Eileen Nyhan
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often
includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits;
retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family
and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs;
onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs;
and service and performance awards - not to mention various social
and recreational activities. Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to
have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this
position. Learn more about our--employee referral program--at--
https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/ Company description:Stryker
is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and,
together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare
better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products
and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and
Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital
outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Mission statement:Together with our customers, we are driven to
make healthcare better.Quality policy:At Stryker, quality is first
in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for
our customers byproviding innovative products and services that
meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality
system.HistoryThe Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker
and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964,
the Company's name was changed to Stryker Corporation.Quick
facts--- $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has
grown for 39 straight years--- 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth
rate) in sales over 39 years--- -36,000 employees globally in
2018--- 43 manufacturing and research & development locat ... Show
Keywords: University Of Pittsburgh Swanson School Of Enginee, Sunnyvale , Staff Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!