Display Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2021
At Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR Hardware, we're developing the
future of Portal and virtual reality (VR) products. As a Display
Mechanical Engineer, you will be a member of our Display and Optics
organization, taking a lead in display module mechanical design to
set the technical goals, be the point of contact and interface to
the product development team, lead the development of leading-edge
technologies and designs, and works with the current and evolving
ecosystem to provide differentiating capabilities to our HW
platforms. You will be part of a tight-knit group of highly
talented engineers at the forefront of innovation for our portal
and VR products.
- Lead the display module mechanical design including 3D model
generation and MCO definition with product development team,
including touch and/or optical subcomponents.
- Author display module mechanical drawings and spec, review and
approve vendor design proposals.
- Lead the display module FAI and ME qualification process for
- Work with cross-functional teams in display module
manufacturing process optimization.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of working experience in some of the following areas:
Display module mechanical design, processing, manufacturing and
- Understanding of module level trade-offs between mechanical,
optical and electrical performance.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical designs for
high-volume, reliable products.
- Experienced in simulation and analysis method (FEA, thermal
analysis and tolerance analysis).
- Experienced in touch screen design including integrated touch
technology and familiar with touch lamination process.
- Expertise in plastics injection molding technology, including
tooling and polymer materials and with sheet metal process.
- Experienced in generating mechanical test procedure of display
panel and display module.
- Extensive hands on experience with 3D design tools (Siemens NX
PTC Creo, Solid Works etc.)
- Proven failure and root cause analysis skills.
- Experience driving mitigation plans to meet schedule and target
- Cross-functional teamwork and communication skills.
- Logical and creative thinking.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of working
experience in some of the following areas: Display module
mechanical design, processing, manufacturing and product
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Sunnyvale , Display Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!