Posted on: May 4, 2021
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is
life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology,
we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been
expanding our innovations through technology to help make a
difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided
our journey to help solve some of healthcare's complex
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere-inclusion and mutual
respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in
integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things
done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We
actively invest in our team members to support their long-term
growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to
achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global
community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,
let's help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Responsible for ensuring suppliers meet ISI requirements for cost,
quality, delivery and service. Drive suppliers to continuously
improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select
suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products
and provide DFM input to new designs. Monitor supplier
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
- Select and evaluate suppliers by leading efforts to find new
suppliers in an existing or new commodity.
- Conduct on-site supplier assessments as well as QMS audits and
address the non-conformities.
- Work with suppliers and ISI engineering for the new product
- Complete part production qualification process ( PPQP), which
includes but not limited to delivering on the following
deliverables: spFMEA, Special Process Validations, Process
capability, MSA, capacity analysis ,and FAIR .
- Develop supplier ramp readiness based on forecast, supplier
capacity, quality performance, and process capability.
- Perform DFM by engaging suppliers early in development cycle to
feedback manufacturability improvements in the designs prior to
- Lead and resolve the supply continuity/ quality issues at
suppliers through in depth root cause and corrective actions
utilizing SCARs, SCRs (Supplier Change requests) processes.
- Monitor supplier performance and initiate improvement
- Drive suppliers to continually improve their business and
manufacturing process performance to meet Intuitive Surgical's
requirements for supplier excellence including ship to stock
programs using a collection of best practices in project
management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation by leading these
efforts without managerial guidance at several suppliers
- Develop and use metrics for supplier part cost, delivery,
quality, capacity and capability by creating metrics to measure
real improvement and judge required intervention or change at the
supplier or in a commodity.
- Driving change to ISI specifications as necessary by
understanding and changing specifications and drawings including
driving the ECO process to implementation.
- Prepare and deliver supplier communications as required by
independently working with suppliers on scorecard creation of QBRs,
Supplier Summits, etc.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for cost reduction
and/or quality improvement by judging opportunities and creating
strategies to seize those opportunities, completes research and
provides data-driven plans to management. Skill/Job
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this
position the individual must possess:
- Minimum Education: BS degree in Engineering or equivalent,
Masters degree preferred
- Min. 4 years of related experience in Supplier Quality and/or
Supplier Development or related field
- Excellent knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485
(experience in auditing suppliers to these standards): Certified
Lead auditor preferred, but not required
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing
processes including understanding of key input variables for
quality, cost and capacity (specialization can be in metal
fabrication, plastics, or contract manufacturing)
- Practical knowledge of pfmeas and process validations
- Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and
communicate technical information
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
presentations to executive level management
- A proven history of implementing Lean/6 Sigma/SPC Programs at
- Practical knowledge of part production qualification
- Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel,
Access and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
- CAD experience with 3D modeling tools is a plus
- Proven ability to motivate suppliers
- Experience in a high-volume medical device company is a
- Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis - domestic
and international Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 25 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 -
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Supplier Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!