Principal Engineer Supplier Quality
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions.
In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman
brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable
strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us
keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable,
integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel
those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support
yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills,
whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At
Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to
do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Supplier
Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals
located at Sunnyvale, CA. The Quality Engineer will support the
Quality & Mission Excellence organization within the Marine Systems
business unit at the Sunnyvale California location; a key element
of the Maritime/Land Systems & Sensors (MLSS) Division. Marine
Systems designs, builds, tests, and supports Power & Propulsion
Systems and Launch Systems for the US Navy and allies of the US.
Relocation assistance may be available. Some teleworking may be
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews.
- Perform First Article Inspections per AS9102 (or equivalent)
and hardware Source Inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers,
manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and
ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Document part non-conformances based on information provided by
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity
assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and
- Analyze part drawings and specifications and flow down quality
requirements to suppliers via Purchase Requisitions and Purchase
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and
their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products to
specifications and on time.
- Perform Supplier performance management by analyzing
performance data, and identifying opportunities for
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be
necessary to support the assignment and reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to Management and Quality &
Mission Excellence Director.
- Provide Supplier quality guidance and support to projects and
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and
internal teams. MAQEA
- Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM Field
- 5+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement
- Experience with Mechanical products manufacturing
- Experience in manufacturing special processes
- Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Presentation and data packaging skills
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance. US Citizenship
required. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or
- Familiarity with ASNT Standard Topical Outlines for
Qualification of (NDT) Nondestructive Testing
- Experience with MIL-STD-271, MIL-STD-2035, & MIL-STD-278
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications
- Experience with statistical process control, auditing to ISO
- Experience with measurement analysis methods.
- PMP trained or certified
- ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Northrop Grumman is
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions. Associated topics: aerodynamic,
assembly, automotive, bsme, chassis, mechanic, msme, naval,
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal Engineer Supplier Quality, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!