Senior Red Team Engineer, Enterprise Security
Company: 23andMe, Inc
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Sunnyvale, California, United States 23andMe is looking for an
experienced Red Team Security Engineer to 'own' our products,
research, and IT infrastructure. 23andMe's Red Team members carry
out attacks and security assessments to direct our ongoing security
improvements and validate our knowledge of our security perimeter.
You will be leveraging your hacking skills to secure our customer
data and corporate assets. Who we are Since 2006, 23andMe's mission
has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the
human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the
boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into
better health and personal understanding. What you'll do
- System and Network Analysis
- You will perform general analytic work to ensure that your
knowledge of the environment, systems, and infrastructure is
current and complete.--
- In this effort you will leverage OSINT and other tools which
will provide a counterpoint to the knowledge gained through review
of documentation and interviews.--
- You will perform network penetration, web and mobile
application testing within AWS and our corporate network.
- You will review internal and third party applications, perform
source code reviews.
- You will perform threat analyses, execute assessments of the
wired, wireless, and cloud-based network environments.
- You will assess all aspects of the 23andMe environment and
- You will engage in social-engineering as one of the many goals
related to your assessments.
- You will attempt to evade detection and attempt to defeat the
security protections and controls that are configured to stop
- Purple Team and Third Party Engagements--
- As part of your assessment activities, you will work with
defensive security to provide knowledge transfer and to assist in
the identification of techniques to better detect the methods you
have used to bypass.
- Manage the engagement of third party assessors, as needed.
- Proactively engage with the defensive security team to
holistically improve, detection, reporting, and alerting.
- Lab Technology and Exploit Development--
- As part of the offensive security efforts, build out and
maintain a secure lab environment for exploit development and
malware analysis. What you'll bring
- 5+ years experience working as a pentester attacking webapps,
mobile apps, REST API's, corporate networks, weak crypto, AWS
infrastructure, Active Directory, expensive lab equipment, and
- Experience building and keeping to engagement scopes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated programming language and scripting experience.
About Us 23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and
research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand
and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT
Technology Review to its "50 Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and
named one of Fast Company's "25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017".
23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with -85 percent of
customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located
in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com
. At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we
provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and
employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be
considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex,
gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin
or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or
local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably
accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent
required by applicable law. Please note: 23andMe does not accept
agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Keywords: 23andMe, Inc, Sunnyvale , Senior Red Team Engineer, Enterprise Security, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!