Dist Hardware Engineer
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience.
How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we
live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the
network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role
and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth,
expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify
migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the
essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to
succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope
connectivity. Reporting to the Hardware Engineering organization,
you will be the key Antenna Engineer, owning Ruckus Wireless
antenna system designs. You will design antennas for 802.11, LTE,
GPS and other wireless technologies. This influential role will
drive the overall architecture for the company. You will work
closely with the broader Engineering team, consisting of
Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineers. Local candidates
only please. Responsibilities
- Technical leadership and ownership of all internally designed
antennas for Access Points and other wireless products in the 500
MHz to 6GHz frequency range.
- Lead Antenna Engineering projects.
- Use antenna simulation tools to design PCB antennas, discrete
antennas and antenna arrays.
- Interface with digital and RF engineers to achieve best overall
- Build simulated structures and evaluate by measurement to
validate simulation results.
- Work with PCB layout personnel and/or mechanical engineers to
refine, specify and have fabricated prototype of design.
- Measure prototype performance, analyze, debug and document
- Supporting manufacturing test plans and mass production
- Perform root cause analysis of antenna systems performance
- Support Compliance Engineering to guide product through
regulatory testing at external labs. Qualifications
- PhD in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on antennas or
- 12+ years' experience in antenna design
- Solid understanding of antenna fundamentals.
- Expertise with Ansys HFSS, CST or other antenna modeling
- Ability to design, test and debug antennas and antenna
- Hands on experience and capability, proficiency with tools,
ability to solder and build breadboards a must.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to conclusion of
- Experience with antenna lab equipment, including spectrum
analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator etc.
- Ability to write and execute test plans.
- Experience with WiFi and LTE desired.
- Experience with circuit analysis and circuit layout tools.
- Proven track record in working with real-world engineering
- Competence in measurement and characterizing of RF devices
- Knowledge of impedance matching and matching circuit
- Strong antenna and wireless debug skills and general problem
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Start-up attitude
is essential. It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal
Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit,
qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any
other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this
contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified
individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative
action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ
and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and
qualified individuals with disabilities.;
Keywords: CommScope, Sunnyvale , Dist Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!