Network Security Engineer
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver
technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some
of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of
a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients
be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site
teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30
countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company
working with the world's most recognizable and innovative
Job DescriptionIn this role you will be based in our client's
Sunnyvale headquarters and support their global distribution of
network and security systems. This is an excellent opportunity at a
network security company to learn and utilize the latest network
security systems and equipment.
- Provide network operations and engineering support for systems
and services including network application and network security
- Assist with assessment and review on the integration between IT
solutions and production environment.
- Coordinate with various teams to ensure network appliances and
services are configured with the correct posture to support
- Perform continuous monitoring and improvement on the IT network
security infrastructure, including platform optimization and false
- Cooperate with INFOSEC team, to respond and remediate any
- Ownership and resolution of issues and failures in the
- Responds to and resolves network security support
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of network
systems outside of normal business hours
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades;
collaborating with others on network optimization.
- Create, update and maintain network system process and policy
documents to ensure they align with and meet client
- Bachelor's degree with 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to multitask, triage and prioritize when handling
- Demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion and handle
- Ability to apply systematic thinking to product architecture
design, implementation, testing, and other related work.
- Experience with Layer 2-7 protocols and technologies
- Some hands on traffic diagnostic knowledge using a packet
- Knowledge of routing, security protocols, ACLs, Firewalls, WAF,
and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Familiar with common network security attacks and defense
- Knowledge of Patch evaluation, security monitoring solutions,
- Some Linux, Python, or SQL scripting knowledge.
- Experience with Fortinet security devices.
- Networking certification (Cisco, Juniper, other)
- Hands on knowledge configuring, performance tuning and
troubleshooting a range of network equipment and systems.
- Hands-on experience supporting networking in 24 x 7 enterprise
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of
the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with
brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful,
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business
needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor
protected by law.
Keywords: Astreya, Sunnyvale , Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!