Posted on: February 15, 2020
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
As a Systems Engineer in NetApp's Sales function, you are
responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for
selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing and
potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and
relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and
sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and
developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses
to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations,
and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work
directly with customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and
to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in
Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas. Specific
- Identify customer needs and requirements.
- Define all of the elements of a customer's technical computing
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy'
- Define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy'
- Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer
- Work with Sales to respond to RFP's.
- Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product
information to the sales team.
- -Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills
are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers,
and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding
how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full
understanding of industry practices and company policies and
procedures, this individual will apply attained experiences and
knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and
medium to large accounts.
- May have own account responsibility or work on a team.
- This individual effectively works with senior internal
personnel within the function, some employees in other functions
that support the sales effort, and has direct customer
- Little management direction is provided on day to day work;
general instructions are given on new assignments; as well as
review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and contributes
proactively to sales team efforts and positively influences
decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision maker
for team projects.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with
a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD
without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what's important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Medical, Engineer, Cloud, Data Management, Systems Engineer,
Healthcare, Engineering, Technology, Data
Apply now --
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!