Principal Windows Systems Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Requisition ID: R10043163
TechnologyLocation: Sunnyvale, California, United States of
AmericaCitizenship Required: United States CitizenshipClearance
Type: SecretTelecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
positionShift: Days (United States of America)Travel Required: Yes,
10% of the TimePositions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a
well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic
team of technical professionals in the Sunnyvale, CA area. Roles
and responsibilities will include:
- Perform as primary Windows Systems Administrator for a large
classified government contracts.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with
internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network, software, and system
engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and
customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration
tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and
determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to
problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and
disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file
permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and
minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors;
evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all
classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer
- Report project status as required for all recurring and
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and
develop approach to solutions.Basic Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's
degree and 5 years of experience OR Master's degree and 3 years of
experience OR high school diploma or equivalent and 9 years of work
experience in lieu of a completed degree
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to be cleared to Special Access Programs (SAP).
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or
ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer
hardware in a networked or standalone environment.Preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux,
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar security
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM
Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp)
administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to
include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
- Windows domain architecture experience
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for
- VMWare experience with current version 7+
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation
Salary Range: $92,200 USD - $138,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal Windows Systems Administrator, Education / Teaching , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!