Senior Technical Writer
Company: Amick Brown, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Writer
(contingent) for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 10 Months
Estimated pay range: $48 - $60an hour per client contract and
candidate skills, experience and work location
- The Senior Technical Writer ensures that development and
delivery of technical documentation is consistent and compliant
with regulatory and company guidelines.
- The Senior Technical Writer produces usable, accurate, clearly
presented, consistent instructions for use (IFU).
- The Senior Technical Writer requires general guidance on new
assignments and processes but is expected to complete day-to-day
work with little instruction.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan, write, and edit instructions for use for medical device
systems and instruments (system and hardware), and other ship-with
literature using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, and extensible
markup language (XML).
- Collaborate with department team members and with
cross-functional team Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to research and
develop content for instructions for use.
- Own document creation from inception to completion.
- Ensure compliance with FDA and regulatory guidelines.
- Work with interaction designers and technical illustrators to
develop documentation images, including raster and vector
- Conduct validation and verification of instructions for
- Complete documentation control steps to release final
documentation. This includes Change Orders in the documentation
change control system.
- Participate in product development core teams as representative
for technical publications.
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, using
skills as an experienced technical communication professional with
understanding of industry best practices and company
- Act as the lead writer on projects and mentor other
- Keep abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own
area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Participate as required in training on regulatory issues
affecting own area of work and share learned expertise with
- Bring regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention
- Adhere to policies, procedures, style guides, and quality
- Collaborate with project team members to share knowledge and
- 8+ years technical writing experience in a hardware, software,
biotechnology, or medical environment, including documentation for
a highly technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, professional writing,
English, biological/medical/engineering sciences, or equivalent
- Strong writing and grammar skills in areas of content
development and writing style. Analytical ability to grasp and
effectively communicate complex scientific and engineering
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deliverables
for multiple projects under tight deadlines, set priorities, and
manage time effectively.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and complex mechanical
- Expert skill level using current versions of standard authoring
tools, including Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe InDesign.
- Intermediate to expert skill level writing documents in an XML
editor (e.g. Arbortext Editor).
- Ability to use prior XML and Darwin Information Typing
Architecture (DITA) experience to learn Arbortext Editor and
perform assignments with minimal instruction and
- Experience using content management system (CMS) database (e.g.
Windchill), and thorough understanding of document-check in and
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or
- Previous experience with medical devices and a regulated
- Understanding of localization process preferred
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company
specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security,
Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The
company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon,
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick
Brown provided benefits:
- 401k Health
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs
Keywords: Amick Brown, LLC, Sunnyvale , Senior Technical Writer, Advertising , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!