Posted on: January 16, 2022
Duration: 12-month contract with a possibility of extension
Max Pay Rate: $58/hr
Work Location: Sunnyvale, US (remote to start)
Hours: 40 hours
- What makes a good documentation?
- Describe how you documented your most technical project?
Please share samples (at least 2-3) of the candidate's writing
samples over the last 6-month period.
Technical writer and editor wanted for CoreDev - the central team
that builds the infrastructure, libraries and tooling platforms for
the entire developer population for our client's products. The
person in this role will partner very closely with Eng, UX/UI, PM
leads at CoreDev to help build narratives (e.g. user success
stories, value prop statements, objection handling documents etc.)
to evangelize & drive consideration/adoption for CoreDev builds.
The end-user audience for these narratives will be the developer
population at our client's company - so the narratives have to
balance the right technical details with consiceness.
They will achieve this through a 2-step process, namely:
- Quickly learning about the products in our stable (e.g. server
platform frameworks, Android and iOS app frameworks, workflow
solutions etc.) through any/all existing tech documentation (e.g.
product pages/microsites, product white papers, user guides etc.),
online Grow courses and chats with Eng/PM/UX leads etc.
- Understanding the primary objective, target audience and use
case(s) for the narratives we build (e.g. product one-pagers, value
prop statements, case studies) to flush out the right content.
CoreDev has 100+ products in its stable, so the person in this role
needs to be a very fast & curious learner - they will have to
develop a strong baseline understanding of our products to pull
these narratives together. They will work on 2-4 product
engagements per quarter depending on inbound requests and product
This person needs to have a very strong balance of technical
fluency (ability to comprehend complex technical concepts, product
and feature builds) with storytelling/editing skills. On a
day-to-day basis, this person will manage these 2-4 projects in
parallel, closely following our style and formatting guidelines,
seeking inputs, guidance and feedback from Eng, UX/UI and PM leads
and driving final approvals on completed go-to-market collaterals
- At least 3+ years of mandatory experience writing and editing
for highly technical audiences, including software developers,
engineers and system administrators
- Experience reading and understanding source code written in
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and Markdown
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and create
content that explain them clearly without the use of jargon
- At least 2+ years of experience working with engineering and
product management teams
- Tech journalism/tech support background
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a
fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience of working on internal-facing tech
- Creating technical diagrams; Writing how-to guides for
developer tools; Have experience with API docs, developer tools,
releases and release notes.
Keywords: IntelliPro, Sunnyvale , Technical Writer, Advertising , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!