Senior Administrative Assistant, Discovery
Company: Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization
of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of
life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer
patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie
(NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio
consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing
multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more
than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists,
clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work
in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in
immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their
knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates
(ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop
novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
To learn more about us, please visit us at
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Provides administrative support to Head of Discovery, Project
Leaders and Discovery Departments.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain calendar meetings. Exercises considerable
judgment and discretion in handling requests for appointments and
ensures all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedules
and schedule changes and conflicts.
- Coordinates travel arrangements; completes expense reports and
processes invoices; ensures that correct account codes are used
- Coordinates the planning and preparation of internal and
external meetings. Activities include but are not limited to:
planning and finalizing meeting facilities and room assignments;
assisting presenters with finalizing presentations; coordinating
meeting room setup, including audio visual and refreshments;
creation and finalization of hard-copy presentation materials, and
other tasks as assigned.
- Assist in logistics for external collaboration projects,
workshops, and forums, including preparing agenda and minutes,
printing and distributing material, tracking action items, and
checking on the follow-up and closure of actions
- Meets and greets visitors in a courteous and professional
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence
and memoranda, E-mails and faxes, using individual initiative and
- Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual
accuracy to ensure that final documents are accurate before
distribution is made.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and some spreadsheets as
- Leads administrative support on departmental project or
activity that requires administrative assistance.
- Participate in routine and ad hoc Discovery meetings and other
meetings as needed
- Orders and maintains adequate inventory of office
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to
filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Prepares work agreements and proposals and maintains
appropriate records and files.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Serves as a back-up to other administrative staff when
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with
confidential and sensitive issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keystroke a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Self-motivated, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to
work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to problem solve as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and
analytical skills; able to multi-tasking and to manage priorities
and workflow. Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Dependable, flexible, ethical and hard-working professional -
must be a team player.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and
- Excellent written skills with attention to detail, time
management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside contacts and
all levels of company personnel Education Requirements (degree,
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent .
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company, Sunnyvale , Senior Administrative Assistant, Discovery, Administration, Clerical , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!