Data Collection Lab Manager
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We are seeking a Data Collection Lab Manager for a 9-11 month
contract role with a leading client in Sunnyvale, CA. In this role,
the Data Collection Lab Manager will work as a consultant for an
inventive research and development company that designs and
engineers high-profile consumer electronics. In this role, the Lab
Manager will own the lab's current capabilities and its growth's
strategic planning. The successful candidate is obsessed with
quality improvement, help to generate and collect data and to
increase operational efficiency. We are looking for
entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough
problems. We need people who are passionate about innovating on
behalf of customers, who demonstrate a high sense of ownership, and
who want to have fun while they make history.Responsibilities
include maintaining all aspects of the CV ML labs, supports spaces
and equipment resources, including hardware and software, update
all lab infrastructure, equipment, and software configurations.
Understanding customer use cases, strong device/system
troubleshooting skills down to component and software levels.
Organize and maintain a stock of critical equipment, third-party
devices, prototype devices for troubleshooting and debug. You work
directly with Data Ops and Data Tools teams to improve our data
collection and software development process:
- Lead number of labs to support multiple projects for
cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new feature
support, service, product, or system.
- Apply knowledge of software application, supported software,
and quality assurance practices to ensure that systems and
resources meet all target requirements.
- Work closely with Facility team, IT team and Vendor to come up
with a plan to support current labs and future requirement for
products test support. Also, think for future of products
- Provide tasks to Facility, IT
- Implement solutions that work between varieties of complex
- Solid understanding of Operating systems, IT support, or Space
- Supports critical relationships and negotiations of agreements
with customers suppliers or other external partners
- Responsible for setting up the lab, lab equipment, and
- Strong troubleshooting skills down to component levels. Must
have the ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with
minimal input from engineering and minimal supervision
- Build and test data collection devices using multiple
components. Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant work
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and network cabling.
- Experience with installing and configuring Linux operating
- Excellent and proven Troubleshooting skills.
- Able to build pre-designed test setups. This includes creation
of small mechanical (robotics) rigs, based on Arduino controllers
and low-powered equipment.
- Able to travel on occasion for lab build-outs.
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs. Preferred qualifications
- Experience working with Hardware and Software teams for setting
up, testing, and troubleshooting prototype devices.
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and networking.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoT, or robotics.
- Experience in maintaining inventory levels including storage
- Experience with soldering and reworking SMT components.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM. Experis is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE/AA) - provided by Dice
Keywords: Experis, Sunnyvale , Data Collection Lab Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!