Grants and Finance Manager
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: May 19, 2023
seeks a Grants and Finance Manager (Finance Analyst 3) to
support a new Division, consisting of several significant programs
and centers within the Department. The Finance Manager will partner
with senior leaders, including the Division Manager, to support all
financial activities related to the following areas, the Clinical
Excellence Research Center (CERC); Bedside Medicine (Presence), the
Translational Research and Applied Medicine Center (TRAM) and its
associated service center (TASC); two Master's degree programs
embedded within CERC and TRAM; the Center for Asian Health Research
and Education (CARE); and the Center for Digital Health (CDH).
Together these programs have a consolidated budget of approximately
$3M, and are home to approximately 25 faculty investigators,
primarily based in the Department of Medicine. Duties include:
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control
functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and
related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex
transactions and higher level dollar value transactions.
- Research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large
amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, develop
solutions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow
- Develop complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range
planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations;
design and run ad hoc reports.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial
significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis
using advanced technical knowledge and experience. Recommend and
develop solutions that may require policy changes or the
development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and
university perspective in decision making.
- Review, design, and implement appropriate internal control
programs, research new regulations, and implement approved changes.
Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret
internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review
complex compliance reports.
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams,
make decisions regarding projects and programs affecting
operational effectiveness, policies, or processes.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and
processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and
improve internal controls. Define requirements, develop and
implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change
- Provide training on new financial systems. Represent
organization to client group(s) and external partners; serve as
subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical,
financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations
to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other
staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual
expertise. The job duties listed are typical examples of work
performed by positions in this job classification and are not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant graduate degree.
- Experience with academic organizations and/or financial
processes relating to clinical research.
- Knowledge of SeRA, Oracle systems is a plus. EDUCATION &
- Bachelor's degree and six years of relevant experience or
combination of education and relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as
Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and
financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability
to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate
information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to
or lead part of a multi-functional team. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone,
writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder. Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to
school/unit sites across university. WORKING STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, This remote role is open to candidates
anywhere in the United States. Stanford University has five . The
compensation for this position will be based on the location of the
successful candidate. The expected pay range for this position is
$101,000 to $138,000 per annum.
Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith
estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a
position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be
determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the
selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal
equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable
jobs. Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more. Stanford is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. As an organization that receives
federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination
requirement that will apply to all university employees, including
those working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit:
Keywords: Stanford University, Sunnyvale , Grants and Finance Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...