Senior Director, Product Strategy
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Be part of a team that's united in spirit, but diverse in
thought and background Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US, 94089
Requisition ID: 64621 Job Summary NetApp OSSG (ONTAP Software &
Storage group) product management group is NetApp's core group
responsible for building, managing and launching NetApp's flagship
products. The OSSG product group is increasingly focused on
operating as a product thought leader, driving innovation across
NetApp's hybrid cloud strategy (Public, Private & On Prem). The
OSSG team builds the product foundation behind NetApp's flagship
product ONTAP. We have a unique opportunity to drive this
transformational journey at NetApp and execute on our CORE business
strategy. The Sr. Director of OSSG Product Strategy is responsible
for developing and aligning product strategies across the OSSG
product portfolio. This role reports to the Vice President of
Product Management and works closely with Corporate Strategy, GTM,
Product Marketing, Sales, Pricing, Data Analytics/insights and
Finance. As an expert in product strategy development & execution,
the strategist analyzes market, industry and competitive data to
identify and prioritize market opportunities to accelerate revenue
and increase market share and profitability. They support the
product's strategic planning process aligning product investment
plans to incorporate imperatives and financial targets, while
contributing to spearhead the development of new product plans and
strategies. The successful candidate has a passion for driving
customer value, solving business problems through technology and
innovation and thrives in an employee first, customer-centric
- Develops a portfolio and product strategy for OSSG group.
Provides data driven insights to executive leadership on the market
and industry across short-term (1 to 3 year) and long-term (3 to 5
year) time horizons.
- Translates market and technology trends, competitive
intelligence and crossfunctional input / analysis into actionable
and innovative roadmap initiatives.
- Develops and runs strategy programs driving alignment across
product and technology teams around critical strategic imperatives,
product initiatives, and technology trends.
- Advises GMs and product strategists on market and product
strategy, business case development, roadmap prioritization and
- Partners closely with Sales and Marketing to align investments
across the product portfolio with go-to-market strategy and
- Partners closely with the Technology organization to outline
roadmap dependencies and identify key points of leverage across the
3 year roadmap.
- Prioritizes build / partner / buy strategies in partnership
with Corporate Strategy & Corporate Development.
- Provides thought leadership and vision for the product
portfolio and can communicate the vision and roadmap with executive
- Leads engagements with market and industry analysts and
external strategy consultants to develop and improve portfolio
strategies and process. Capabilities
- Market & Product Knowledge - Deep understanding of enterprise
storage, virtualization, PaaS/IaaS, Application
Management/Deployment and core enabling technologies including ML /
automation, data & analytics, integrations.
- Business and Market Strategist -Domain knowledge of enterprise
storage and/or workloads business and commercial models including
monetization, packaging, new market penetration.
- Collaboration & Communication - Builds strong connections with
internal and external stakeholders to create and deploy portfolio,
product, solution and delivery strategies.
- Problem Solving - Thinks about problems from different
perspectives and leverages data driven analysis to drive roadmap
development and prioritization.
- Executive Presence - Inspires confidence with internal and
external stakeholders with clear communication and expertise in
Market Sizing - Understands market analysis & the changing
competitive landscape in the product space.
- Customer Value Creation - Works with Analysts to articulate our
strategy and optimize our positioning in relation to
- Results Oriented - Works closely with the product team to help
prioritize roadmap and ensure execution of the vision.
- Leadership: Inspiring/influencing indirect teams through
transformation. Future-looking lens to guide strategic product
- 12+ years of product experience in high growth medium / large
enterprise, startup, or management consulting environments.
- MBA or top-tier consulting experience preferred
- Strong analytical orientation, proven ability to build data
models and marshal quantitative analysis to drive strategic
- Self motivated, bias towards action, capable of defining
objectives and delivering workstreams start to finish with limited
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Comfortable with all levels of management and able to communicate
and present effectively to executive audiences.
- Personality that thrives in a fast moving, quickly changing
- Operational Objectives and Key Results to Manage Market Sizing
Revenue Growth Achieving 100% of 3-year AOP Plan Product ROI,
Investment ROI, New Process Development & Implementation, Thought
Leadership Analysis and Presentations.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Manager, Consulting, Management Consulting,
Virtualization, Management, Technology, Strategy
Keywords: eightfold.ai, Sunnyvale , Senior Director, Product Strategy, Accounting, Auditing , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!